Y’all know Tailend, right?

You know, your go-to fish n’ chip place (sorry, Cromars)? But isn’t it just a takeaway? Like a pre-Vic pre-Dervish pump up meal?

Hold onto your hats, folks, ’cause there’s a whole restaurant in the back that actually does some great seafood at very reasonable prices. And, a few months ago, they introduced a to die for new gin tasting menu paired with Eden Mill products. And you thought it was just another takeaway.

PS, no one asked me/ paid me to write/ taste this. I’m just a girl who loves gin and seafood, hoping it loves me as much as I love it.

GIF Courtesy of giphy.com

First thing’s first: the cost

gin

Photo by Abigail Simmons

Upon first glance, yes, £40. But check how much you spent at Tesco on vodka this week and lmk how that stacks up. Oh, right, now it sounds reasonable, doesn’t it.

You get 5 courses and corresponding drinks (with specially selected garnishes) all for this price. Now, hear me out: I know that it’s not exactly cheap, but for a date? Parental visit? B-Day? An 18 on your first paper? It’s the perfect semi-splurge (because a cute dress will give you happiness for one night, but a delicious, memorable meal at Tailend — priceless).

So you like your booze along with your food, huh?

GIF Courtesy of giphy.com

So you know you get four expertly garnished gin and tonics and a beer that accompany certain courses, but maybe you’re wondering how large these drinks are. They must be half drinks, right? Theres no way they would give you 5 full drinks along with 5 courses right? Wrong! You get a G&T or a bottle of beer paired with the course! You get just tipsy enough that its the perfect way to start your celebratory night out if you so wish.

#SpoonTip: If you’re not a fan of beer, you can swap it out for another G&T to go with the main course.

But 5 courses? Wont I be crazy full?

gin

Photo by Abigail Simmons

I mean, it’s perfect.

The first three courses are not so large that you’re full before the main course. The cod and chips course is the normal size you would get if you ordered it from the front of the store with the usual refillable basket of chips you normally get! Then you have just enough room to comfortably finish the dessert.

#SpoonTip: Order a side of curry sauce to dip your chips in. You can thank me later.

But wait: this is too good to be true, right?!

gin

Photo by Abigail Simmons

Look at this tuna tataki and you tell me!

The food is ah-mazing. Full of different flavors, textures, and expertly paired with gins and garnishes so they bring out the flavors of each other. The food can also be changed to go with your preferences. You have the choice of your cod being grilled, breaded, or battered.

And, since you have to book ahead, you can even request a veggie meal.

GIF Courtesy of giphy.com

Now that you’re completely sold, here’s all the other logistical info.

Here’s the menu and you do need to call to book, but you don’t have to call too far in advance. So go, and you’re welcome.