Food holidays are pretty silly. I mean, come on, we don't really need a day to celebrate tacos, they already have Tuesdays! And personally, I celebrate them about 1-2 times per week at my favorite Mexican restaurant down the street. But I'll admit, when food holidays translate into me getting free, discounted, or some type of special food, count me in. 

Taco Bell wants to celebrate National Taco Day on Oct. 4 like it's Christmas, with a jolly season of festivities leading up to it. Don't worry, they're not adding peppermint spice to their tacos or some basic sh*t like that. Instead, in addition to airing a "holiday special" featuring "Glen and the Magic Taco" (not kidding), they'll be selling a National Taco Day Gift Set at participating locations on NTD.

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

These gift sets will come with four classic tacos for only $5: Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos, and a Crunchy Taco. Even as a strictly Crunchwrap Supreme eater, that all sounds pretty good to me. Oh yeah, and they also all come "gift wrapped" in special wrappers, in a special box. You can open it and act surprised on your Insta story like a social media influencer or a food editor (guilty). 

Is this all a little over-the-top? Probably. But I like tacos, so I'm sold. You can join in the countdown to National Taco Day on Taco Bell's website, and if you're feeling rather festive, catch more of "Glen and the Magic Taco" on their Facebook. Ugh, OK, it's actually kind of cute.