Just on the heels of the news that McDonald's dollar menu is back in action, Taco Bell is reminding customers that their dollar menu never actually went away—it's been here the whole time! Ugh, T Bell, you're too good to me. And with that, they're also bringing some new new to the cheap menu. Here's what's up.

The Down & Dirty

Right now, Taco Bell has 20 mainstays on its dollar menu. But the chain plans to bring 20 additional new $1 items to its menu throughout 2018. This means that throughout next year, we're going to get some special limited edition eats. 

First up, the $1 Stacker is back. Coming in mid-December, this beefy, cheesy, folded quesadilla will come to stores nationwide. 

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

There's also a breakfast version with egg and cheese, so that's pretty cool.

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

There's no real word yet on what else to expect, but they have been testing out French fries in West Virginia. A source tells me that they would be down to add them somewhere on the menu next year. (Seriously, that'd be huge.)

But again, whatever these items are (cough fries? cough), they'll all be $1, or available in $5 boxes. And me and my best 2 am self are totally down.