Now that classes are over and summer is here, there’s no more excuses to stress eat unhealthy snacks at 3am while cramming for exams or writing last minute papers. However, snacking while lounging at the pool or beach is perfectly acceptable. The key is picking the right snacks that save you from feeling groggy or bloaty, and Dang Foods' Sticky-Rice Chips are just the perfect thing.

Unlike the typical oil-laden and sodium-packed chips that we typically turn to in times of need, sticky rice chips are a far healthier alternative, with 30% less fat than regular potato chips. To make them, Organic Thai sticky rice is steamed (rather than fried) and soaked in watermelon juice, then seasoned with just a little bit of salt.

The chips come in three varieties; Original, Sriracha Spice, and Coconut Crunch. My personal favorite is the Sriracha flavor, with just the perfect amount of a spicy kick to satisfy my snacking needs. Coconut Crunch is also super tasty, providing some tropical island flavor for those of us who are stuck at home all summer

Within each bag, a serving clocks in at only 140 calories and only 60 of those are from fat. Additionally, there’s only 2 grams of sugar, no trans fat, and a bonus 2 grams of protein. Dang Food’s sticky rice chips are also non-GMO; vegan; soy, gluten, and dairy-free, and contain no added preservatives.

You can buy them online or at a select store near you for $3.99 a bag.

cookie, sweet
Lauren Kruchten

Flavorful, healthy, and easy to eat, these sticky-rice chips are about to be your new favorite snack of the summer. I guarantee you won’t be able to stop at just one (and you won’t have to feel about it either). 

I received Dang Foods’ Sticky-Rice Chips free of charge, however all opinions are my own.