It’s pretty darn hard to resist a bar of chocolate…or five. Usually, binging is frowned upon, but we’ve got good news. You can fix your craving and eat chocolate that’s good for you.

Proven to lower blood pressure and fight cardiovascular disease, dark chocolate is often referred to as “healthy chocolate.” It includes daily diet essentials like iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and other nutrients. Check out some more benefits here.

Next time you’re out, pick up these chocolates that will not only satisfy you, but also help you feel better. Stick to the following brands and you can’t go wrong. 

Lindt Chocolate

chocolate

Photo by Lucia Perasso

Try purchasing these decadent chocolates ranging from 70-99% dark cocoa. Keep in mind that the higher the percentage of cocoa, the more bitter the chocolate. Serving sizes range from two and a half to four squares and contains only three grams of sugar. They come in all different intensities for those unsure about their preferences.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company

chocolate

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Pick up a bag of dark, milk, caramel, or fruit flavored Ghirardelli chocolates either in store or online. Most Ghirardelli chocolates range from 60-100% pure cocoa. In the simplest dark chocolate square, you can find only nine grams of sugar and nine grams of fat. Click here to personalize your package filled with an assortment for just $25.

Theo Chocolate Inc

chocolate

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Looking for something a little more flavorful? This organic chocolate comes in many different forms and flavors, including cherry, peanut butter, dark, and more. If you still can’t get on board with dark chocolate, Theo produces milk chocolate as well and includes all the percentages on the package so you know what to look for.

Figure out your fave brands and keep the serving sizes in mind. It’s gonna feel real good to do yourself a favor and indulge without having to worry about your diet. Yup, that’s actually possible.

Here are some more articles about chocolate. We know you can’t resist: