You almost can't describe someone as "basic" without also calling them a little "extra" these days. Starbucks is the perfect examples of this. Today, the coffee chain is going back to what it does best and releasing two sweet, classic Frappuccino flavors, but layered with a twist: new caffeinated cold brew whipped cream. It's a little extra, but like the guac at Chipotle, it's so worth it. 

New Sweet Cold Brew Whipped Cream

Ellie Conley

Shortly after debuting their creamy Cold Foam, Starbucks is amping up its topping choices yet again. The new Sweet Cold Brew Whipped Cream is whipped cream infused with cold brew coffee, dark caramel sauce and white chocolate mocha sauce. It sounds heavy, but it still tastes light, airy, and like you could eat a whole bowl of it. 

Since it has that dash of cold brew in it, the whipped cream is also caffeinated; on a grande size drink, there's about 15 mg of caffeine in the whipped topping. It's a small amount, but anything helps when you have to wake up at 6 am to make it to the boxing class you insisted on signing up for during happy hour.

You can order the new Sweet Cold Brew Whipped Cream topping on hot or cold drinks for an extra 50 cents, but it also comes with Starbs' new Frappuccinos.

New Ultra Caramel and Triple Mocha Frapuccinos

Starbucks recently told USA Today that it was cutting back on its crazy-flavor, limited release drinks. So, the new Ultra Caramel and Triple Mocha are both a twist on classic flavors, and on the main menu to stay. Both include layers of flavor, starting with Sweet Cold Brew Whipped Cream at the bottom. 

Ultra Caramel Frappuccino / Ellie Conley

After the base of cold brew whip, the Ultra Caramel has a thick layer of dark caramel coffee Frappuccino and is topped off with more whipped cream and a swirl of dark caramel sauce.

Triple Mocha Frappuccino / Ellie Conley

The Triple Mocha Frappuccino has a classic mocha coffee Frappuccino sandwiched between two layers of the cold brew whipped cream and is topped with dark mocha sauce. 

This isn't the first time Starbucks has added whipped cream as a layer in its Frappuccinos, but it is the first time it's caffeinated and it's absolutely a game changer. No worries though, If you're more of a cinnamon or vanilla frapp kind of person, you can still join the party and ask to add layers of the cold brew whipped cream to your drink.