You might know them because you’ve seen them around campus or maybe because one of them was your lab partner. Maybe you saw them win NBC’s The Sing Off in December. Either way, if you don’t live under a rock at Vandy, you know the Melodores. But when they’re not on the stage or practicing for their next performance, these a capella singers might be trying to impress a girl. So what would it be like going out with a Melodore? Spoon University got an inside scoop on some of the restaurants in Nashville that they might take you to:

Dan McNeillMarche, The Yellow Porch, or Burger Up

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

When Dan is going on a date, he looks for a place with good atmosphere, such as Marche or The Yellow Porch. Both of these restaurants not only have “cool” and unique menus, but they also have a great ambiance. Dan notes the black and white paintings on the wall of The Yellow Porch which give the restaurant a great vibe. He also mentioned Burger Up because “everyone loves truffle fries.”

Justin RieleSilly Goose, Rosepepper Cantina, and Two Ten Jack

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

Not one, not two, but three restaurants all on the same block make the perfect evening for Justin. He has actually gone on dates where they hit one restaurant for drinks, the next for dinner and the last for dessert. They are all located on Eastland Avenue, and make a romantic and eventful evening. Jeni’s Ice Cream is also located on the same street, which tops off the night perfectly.

Augie PhillipsHusk or Burger Up

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

Augie first pointed out Husk simply because it’s a great restaurant, but then noted that Burger Up holds a special place in his heart. For his and his girlfriend’s first Valentine’s Day, they decided to go to this restaurant, and the next year, they decided to go for burgers again, and now it’s a tradition. “We’re always exploring for the best burger places,” he said. For Augie, keeping it casual is important.

Cameron David – A home cooked meal

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

Cameron says that there is nothing more romantic than cooking dinner himself. Although he said that a restaurant such as Rodizio Grill has a great atmosphere, interesting meat and salad options, and “weird, eclectic combo of foods,” he would rather bring the charm on and make the meal himself. He also finds it important to know whether it is a wine-and-dine type of date or more casual; Cameron says that these minor but significant details have a big influence on the restaurant that he picks.

Rani BanjarianLucky Belly

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

The new restaurant that replaced the beloved Zumi lives up to the Zumi standards, according to Rani. “I had sushi and I would say it wasn’t worse than Zumi,” he said. But what Rani loves about this restaurant for a date is that it tends to get crowded, which he says actually makes for a more intimate atmosphere. He explained this somewhat counterintuitive statement: in a crowded setting, you don’t have to worry about others hearing what you’re saying or about feeling awkwardly alone in the restaurant.

Jonathon Amaro-BarronMonell’s and The Melting Pot

melodores

Photo from www.melodores.com

According to Jonathon, Monell’s has the best food in Nashville so why not bring your date there? They serve family style and provide a different experience from most restaurants, which is what draws Jonathon in. However, for dessert, he says that The Melting Pot is the perfect place. He claims that it is extremely romantic with the dim lights and do-it-yourself style.

Some other restaurant go-to’s for your next date: