Most of us SoCal residents have heard the name Sprinkles Cupcakes before, usually followed by some tantalizing description of baked goods. If you’re anything like me, your sweet tooth has already decided that you have to try this place, no matter what.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

1. Location, location, location
I visited the Beverly Hills store, which meant two things were going to be tough: parking and prices. I was not disappointed, as it took us fifteen minutes to find parking where the rates weren’t too ridiculous. I’d suggest going on a weekday before noon to avoid this cupcake-induced road rage.

The price of a single cupcake is $3.75, which might seem a lot, but just keep reading.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

2. Small but mighty
The store is located among many other elegant eateries and trendy fashion outlets. The pastel colors draw your attention, as does the line snaking out the door. The inside is meant to house the dozens of mouthwatering cupcakes, so it’s not one of those bigger cafe-like bakeries. Everything is prim and proper, catering more to the sleek urban generation.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

3. Don’t judge a cupcake by its wrapper
Many of us have experienced the disappointment of biting into a delicious-looking cupcake just to discover that the beautiful decorations are nauseatingly sweet, and even the crumbly cake can’t redeem itself. Sprinkles’s cupcakes are simple and sophisticated: they’re in plain wrappers, frosted with natural colored frosting and topped with the single signature sprinkle. The exciting flavors are what keep the customers coming back; there are many options for the pickiest kid as well as the brave experimenter. The featured flavor is something unusual, such as lemon meringue (yes, it had the graham cracker crust, the lemon filling and the meringue) or maple bacon. All cupcakes are made daily from scratch, using quality ingredients. They also have vegan and gluten-free options.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

4. Taste tests
I sampled the lemon meringue, red velvet and Cuban coffee cupcakes. All three were perfectly moist and not too sweet, which nicely complemented the generous dollop of frosting on top. The respective flavors were prominent but not uncomfortably overpowering. All in all, they were as delicious as they looked, and I’d say worth the price.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

5. What takes the cake
The cupcake ATM. Yes, it’s an ATM for cupcakes that is open 24/7. Just swipe your credit card and select a cupcake; and it is delivered to you in a cute, brown box.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Photo by Lital Slobodsky

As an aspiring baker and dessert lover, Sprinkles Cupcakes has definitely impressed and inspired me. Sure, it’s a little pricey, but the taste and quality are well worth it. It is also a great place to take visiting foodie friends!

cheap

Location:
9635 South Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Hours of operation:
Mon-Sat 9 am-9 pm, Sun 10 am-8 pm

More good stuff here: