This past Sunday, October 5, Spoon University at Berkeley hosted a food festival called Spoonfest at Memorial Glade from 4-7 pm. It was a nice, sunny afternoon filled with delicious food, festival activities and performances from talented student groups. Thanks to all of our Cal readers’ support, we sold over 200 tickets online (and more at the door). Half of the proceeds are going to support the UC Berkeley Food Pantry, an emergency food supply for UC Berkeley students who are low on meal points or money.

Here’s a quick recap, in case you missed it or just want to relive the fun:

After obtaining their choice of food items, attendees participated in a variety of fun, carnival-style games, such as the lollipop tree, guess the number of jelly beans in the jar (it was 326!), baby food roulette, photo ops with life-sized veggies and blind taste tests.

Spoonfest

Cal Literature and Arts Magazine Booth | Photo by Jisoo Kim

Student organizations such as Cal Literature and Arts Magazine (CLAM), Berkeley Student Food Collective and Ink at Berkeley hosted other booths, so our guests were able to enjoy delicious food while flipping through CLAM’s latest issue, discussing “real food” and watching amazing artists at work.

Spoonfest

Spoon University at Berkeley Executives with Spoon National Executives | Photo by Jessica He

We also had the pleasure of having three very special guests at Spoonfest: Spoon University’s National Executives Sarah Adler, Mackenzie Barth and Nathaniel Harley, who traveled all the way from NYC to visit us.

Spoonfest

Berkeley Chinese A Capella | Photo by Jessica He

To top it all off, there were live performances from Berkeley Chinese A CapellaDrawn to Scale and Celli@Berkeley. Their vocal and orchestral arrangements added the finishing touches to a perfect day on Memorial Glade.

We’d like to extend a huge thank you to the Berkeley restaurants who donated delicious food and drinks to our event:

We’d also like to extend a thank you to the restaurants who helped us with our impressive amount of catering:

If you enjoyed these restaurants at Spoonfest (or if you missed them), we highly recommend you pay them visits on your own time. They most definitely get the Cal Spoon stamp of approval.