When was the last time outside of Cooking Mama that you saw the worlds of cuisine and video games collide? Have you ever put down your sandwich or Nintendo DS respectively and thought, “I just wish there was something more. Something that married my love for food and video games seamlessly. And is it too much to ask for this marriage to also include an element of other people’s misery that I can laugh at?”

Well, my slightly sadistic friends, consider your wish granted.

Introducing Hot Pepper Gaming.

pepper

Photo courtesy of HotPepperGaming’s YouTube Account

The idea was conceived by three friends who started out in 2013 with nothing but a dream and a camera.

The result are simply hilarious.

pepper

Why Foodies Will Love HPG

Before ingesting, the reviewer will tell the viewers the name of the pepper and then, while they’re trying to force it down their throats, the pepper’s rating on the Scoville scale, which is the official measurement of spiciness used world-wide by chefs and foodies alike.

The channel’s favorite pepper seems to be Habanero peppers (100,000-350,000 Scoville units and seventy times hotter than a Jalapeño,) but they’ve dabbled with other peppers, such as Ghost peppers, Congo Trinidads  and the hottest pepper on record, Carolina Reapers, which clock in at 1,150,000 to 2,200,00 Scoville Units.

pepper

If you ever wanted to see what the result might be of adding this or that pepper to your latest recipe, this might be a good place to look for feedback. Or if you just want some fun facts about peppers.

Why Gamers Will Love HPG

The reviewers/victims are Let’s Players, aka people who play video games and post videos of it on the Internet, all while providing funny commentary, such as the Game Grumps, the Completionists and Markiplier. There are also appearances by people who provide the voices behind some of your favorite game and anime characters.

While they sweat, swear and scream through their hot pepper experience, the guests tell the viewers about the game they’re reviewing, the mechanics of it and what they liked or disliked about it.

If you’re on the fence about buying a certain game and want a semi-professional opinion about it, and also like seeing grown men cry, this is the place for you.

Why Everyone Will Love HPG

Who doesn’t love watching people try to eat hot peppers?

pepper

At the end of every episode, the guest gives both the game and the pepper a rating on a scale out of five hot peppers, and are then, thankfully, given a large glass of milk to cool off with.

pepper

If you want a laugh, make sure to check out this channel. You won’t regret it (unlike those poor souls who were invited onto the show.)

Love this? Check out these related links: