Now that the weather has dipped into the 50s, it is officially both sweater and latte weather. A pumpkin spice latte usually sounds perfect to me with the fall foliage, but I am starting to get ridiculed for my extreme basicness. So here I am, ready to make a change. There is a world of steamed milk and espresso out there for me to try, and here are some of my favorite alternatives to the PSL. 

1. S'mores Iced Latte

I don't know about you, but I'm always craving s'mores. Summer may be far away, but this s'mores latte will make it feel a little closer. Combining marshmallow creme, chocolate syrup, and graham crackers, this latte is a perfect DIY dessert (with caffeine). 

2. Matcha Latte

If you're looking for a latte that'll pop a dash of color into your Instagram, then the Matcha Latte is perfect for you. Combining green tea powder with the typical latte ingredients in order to get an antioxidant boost, the Matcha Latte is equally as beautiful as it is healthy

3. Honey Lavender Latte

If you're looking for a more natural latte, the honey lavender latte might be your match. Honey provides a natural sweetness that will put your Splenda habit to shame. Here's how to make this latte on your own. 

4. Chai Latte

Yes, they're almost as popular as the PSL, but Chai Lattes always taste good and provide a little extract spice to your life. At Starbucks, choose between the Oprah and Classic Chai Tea Latte, depending on your preference for cinnamon. 

5. Gingerbread Latte

Christmas is right around the corner (it's November, I know, but still), and that means it's time for some holiday cheer. While you're decorating your gingerbread house, make your own homemade gingerbread latte, which adds a delectable molasses flavoring to your favorite drink. 

6. Coconut Kahlua Latte

A photo posted by woodnfrog (@woodnfrog) on

Want to add an extra kick to your latte? The Coconut Kahlua Latte will be perfect for you. Wait to drink this until the afternoon or evening (for obvious reasons), but this spiked latte will be the best drink for holiday events or Netflix and chill evenings in bed (or is that just me?). 

7. Maple Latte

A photo posted by Jamie (@littlechefny) on

As a native New Englander, nothing reminds me of home more than maple syrup. This latte is simple but sweet, and it is also very easy to make. 

8. Praline Latte

Dreaming of the Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte, but can't make it to your local store for the new seasonal drinks? This homemade Praline Latte takes less than 10 minutes to make, but its intense flavor will make you question whether or not you need the Starbucks Rewards points. 

9. Samoa Latte

I ran out of Girl Scout cookies months ago, and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to taste a Samoa until they started selling them again next spring. Luckily, I found this recipe, which combined the coconut and chocolate goodness of a Samoa with a latte to create a perfect beverage (and dessert). 

10. Lavender Earl Grey Latte

The Lavender Earl Grey Latte is the perfect early morning beverage, smoothly sliding you into the morning. This drink ranks high on both sophistication and flavor. You can flavor the drink with more or less lavender depending on preference.