Since 1968, Sonny's BBQ has been serving up delicious ribs, with plenty of southern hospitality, in each of their 109 locations. The restaurant chain also operates locally-owned to enhance the inviting, family atmosphere, and has even been recognized by The Daily Meal as "The Best Barbeque Chain in America." It's no wonder why they have been sweeping across the Southeast for the past 50 years! 

To celebrate a golden anniversary year well deserved, Sonny's BBQ will be celebrating 50 Years of Smoke with their "Good as Gold" sweepstakes, including an exciting partnership to donate up to 100,000 meals to kids in need. They will also be cooking up an all-new recipe that's inspired by some recent food trends.

What do the sweepstakes entail? 

As the preeminent part of the "Good as Gold" sweepstakes, winners can get their hands on Sonny's exclusive, 24K Gold Ribs. It's made from some of the South's most luxurious ingredients and topped with, you've heard it right, real gold.

Head Pitmaster Bryan Mroczka says the inspiration for the 24K Gold Ribs came from his desire to "integrate homegrown ingredients found in the South mixed with a bit of luxury" to celebrate Sonny's 50th anniversary. Valued at $1,968, the ribs come from a heritage pig and are marinated for 24 hours. Before getting the final golden treatment, the ribs are slow-smoked for an additional three hours and then adorned with locally sourced toppings. Some of these include sea salt from South Carolina, and raw Tupelo honey, truffle butter, and bee pollen from Sonny's home state of Florida. 

And the ribs aren't the only way winners get a royal treatment. The exclusive dinner also comes with an all-expense paid trip to Orlando, Florida. The experience includes a flight and two-night hotel stay for two, a one-on-one pitmaster class with Head Pitmaster Bryan Mroczka, and an Orlando experience filled with rides and wonder.  

If your ready to get your fingers covered with Sonny's signature BBQ sauce (and gold for that matter), then visit Sonny's "Good as Gold" page for your chance to win. The sweepstakes will be taking entries from now until July 31.  

Sonny's is helping kids in need, and you can too

In addition to the sweepstakes, Sonny's is partnering with Feeding Children Everywhere to celebrate their golden anniversary. Sonny's has had a strong commitment to giving back, so in teaming up with the non-profit, their aim is to help food-insecure youth in each of the states where their restaurants are located. They have even featured ingredients used by Feeding Children Everywhere's homecooked meals, such as taking the Pink Himalayan Salt from their jambalaya and pasta and using it for the golden ribs. 

Sonny's Barbecue is encouraging fans to join in on the action by simply retweeting their official Good as Gold Tweet. Liking the post donates 10 meals, whereas retweeting it once donates 20 meals. Throughout their anniversary celebration, Sonny's has committed to serving up to 100,000 meals to feed children in need. 

For more information about how you can win the 24K Gold Ribs and donate meals to kids in need, check out Sonny's BBQ's official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.

So what are you waiting for? Fill out an entry today for your chance to possibly strike some gold... ribs.