The 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this year, which makes it difficult to make plans. Do you celebrate this weekend or next weekend? Take off of work Monday and Tuesday, or Thursday and Friday? If you're a total baller, you'll celebrate both weekends and take the whole week off, but in the case that you're saving up your PTO time for other holidays and vacays, listen up. Smirnoff Ice wants you to live your life and take off Thursday and Friday, and as a reward, they could pay you $500 as part of their "5 Day Weekend for America" campaign.

Smirnoff / Facebook

"I think we can all agree that Wednesday isn’t enough time to celebrate America’s birthday," Smirnoff Ice Brand Director Krista Kiisk said in a press release. "Who wants to head back to work and do work things when you could be on a beach, on a boat or on a mountain celebrating the good ole US of A?"

Um, absolutely no one.

If you're 21+, comment on Smirnoff's Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter contest post letting the brand know where you'd rather be on Thursday, July 5 and Friday, July 6 rather than sitting at your desk with the AC on high (like, anywhere else). Winners will be selected at random, each earning $500. That's it. Seriously. 

The contest started on Sunday, June 24 and goes through Sunday, July 1, so you still have time to submit your vacation plans. Word to the wise though, check with your manager to make sure you can actually take off of work if you plan to do so. Playing hooky ain't cool in the real world. 

Smirnoff Ice is also celebrating Independence Day with the return of the Red, White & Berry drink. So sip on one yourself or "ice" your friends by hiding one at the bottom of the cooler. It's your long weekend, and you can party if you want to. 

#SpoonTip: Spoon University does not support underage drinking or binge drinking. Please celebrate responsibly!