When Valentine's Day comes around, my partner and I love showing some extra appreciation on top of our normal day-to-day appreciation of one another. But we aren't too big on going out to fancy restaurants on Valentine's Day — if it was any other day of the year, like an anniversary or birthday, we love dressing up and going out (even on a random Tuesday). But with the Valentine's Day restaurant stigma, we both personally would want to stay home.

Going to a restaurant on Valentine's Day, specifically as a couple (or as friends), could make you feel rushed, overwhelmed, and crowded, which isn't romantic, even in the most romantic restaurant possible. You want the mood and vibe to match you and your partner.

We normally do home-cooked meals and enjoy spending the day together, but this year, we did the heart-shaped Chick-fil-A trays. These are a yearly occurrence from Chick-fil-A, but the store near us normally doesn't have them. This year was different — the trays were finally available.

Amanda Clark

Anything heart-shaped adds a fun touch to what you get, especially for Valentine's Day. That's no exception for Chick-fil-A's nuggets. We ordered the tray to split with a side of fries and enjoyed our Valentine's Day lunch. It was relaxing, and we had solitude away from a crowded area.

Amanda Clark

We can be basic when it comes to food — neither of us ever says no to nuggets, and nuggets are a top choice, especially for my boyfriend. So, of course, we decided to do a more casual option this year and do it on our own time, compared to feeling rushed by a waiter. And this was a great decision. We got to get out, took a nice drive together on the scenic route, and had our go-to comfortable food choice.

Amanda Clark

You can make any experience romantic as long as you and your partner are on the same page, and that includes getting fast food.