We all know how stubborn those last few pounds can be. No matter how many times we say we’re going to “only have one”, we still tend to go overboard. French fries, beers, boyfriends…

If there is one thing I could suggest every college student have in their cabinet, it would be Skinny Teatox. I recently bought Skinny Teatox online after reading that it promotes an all-natural way for your body to get rid of built up toxins in your gut – a definite necessity for me after a long weekend of binge drinking. I was intrigued, so I decided to give it a try for one week.

Here’s some background info:

Skinny Teatox is a 100% natural detox that promises a healthy way to lose weight by helping your body to burn calories, boost metabolism, cleanse and detox your system, keep appetite under control and increase your energy levels.

When I first received my package in the mail, the tea leaves weren’t pre-packed in little tea bags. Instead, they arrived in one package for you to strain yourself. At first I thought this would be inconvenient because I had to buy a tea strainer. Later, I decided I actually liked being able to decide how strong I wanted to make my tea. The smell of the ingredients was incredibly fruity and delicious – I almost wish it came in candle form.

detox

Photo courtesy of skinny-teatox.com

To be totally honest, I changed a few other habits during my Teatox trial. I figured: why try this product if I wasn’t going to practice healthy habits all the way around? I wanted to maximize my results. I saw that the Skinny Teatox website even has a suggested meal plan. It’s mostly fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, yogurt, fish and lentils. I personally decided not to drink any alcohol and limit my processed food intake during this time as well.

detox

Photo by Caroline Grew

During my Skinny Teatox, I drank a cup of the morning tea before class each day. I really felt a bit more energized after drinking it. For someone who usually enjoys coffee, I liked how it made me feel as perked up as my normal Starbucks does. I also finished each day with a cup of the evening tea. This one is called a “colon cleanse” – but don’t let the name scare you. It truly isn’t as intense or gross as it sounds, it just flushes your body of toxins.

detox

Photo courtesy of skinny-teatox.com

After finishing one week of Skinny Teatox, I actually felt a lot better about myself. The tea was like a reset button for my body. I think it was a combination of the effects of the tea and not wanting to ruin my newly-detoxed bod by going back to my old eating habits of late night pizza and french fries. I also noticed I both felt and looked less bloated, especially in my stomach.

Whether you want to detox for an upcoming beach vacation or are just looking to feel your best, I would definitely recommend Skinny Teatox. The price was reasonable and I saw more results after just one week than I expected to. Check out their website for food suggestions, FAQ, and ordering options.