Have you ever wanted to escape from College Park for the weekend? Do you want to go somewhere with your friends, but you're trying not to break the bank? A trip to Baltimore may be exactly what you're looking for.

There are plenty of budget-friendly restaurants and eateries in Baltimore that are worth checking out. Here are six of the best Baltimore food spots for college students.

1. Blue Moon Cafe 

Jules Einhorn

Blue Moon Cafe is home to the famous "Captain Crunch French Toast" as seen on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." This restaurant is a must-visit when visiting Baltimore. With the most epic and delicious "SIN" rolls, "HELLFIRE" hashes, and other breakfast classics, Blue Moon Cafe will leave you feeling happy and stuffed. For less than $15, you can enjoy one of the best breakfast spots in the country and have leftovers for later. Another perk for Terps is that it is open 24 hours on the weekend to satisfy that late night craving.

2. HomeSlyce Pizza Bar

Jules Einhorn

HomeSlyce Pizza Bar is located near the heart of downtown Baltimore and offers delicious pizza, salads, and other snacks. They make premium "Slyces" that are essentially pizza boats. My personal favorites are the "Strongman Meat" pizza and "Pop-Pie Slyce." You and your friends can try out different "Slyces" and find your favorite. HomeSlyce has a great atmosphere for University of Maryland students as it has pool tables and other games to play while enjoying a night out with friends.

3. Quality Snowballs

Jules Einhorn

Quality Snowballs, a little summer shack located near Graffiti Alley in Hamden, offers the most creative and innovative flavors that blend classic flavors with some untraditional treats. I have tried the "Black Bottom," "Celebration Cake," "Kitchen Sink Cheesecake" (you read that right!), "S'mores Peanut Butter," and "Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake" snowballs. Pro-tip: prepare to wait in line because this place gets really busy with people eager to try the latest unique flavors.

4. Pure Raw Juice

Jules Einhorn

Some of the most delicious acai bowls come from Pure Raw Juice, which has locations all over Baltimore. For less than $10, you can enjoy a massive bowl full of fresh fruit, antioxidants, and acai that can give you the fuel to get through the day. My favorite is the "Traditional Acai" bowl.

5. The Charmery

Jules Einhorn

The Charmery is an ice cream shop full of charm and creativity, with locations in different parts of Baltimore. Each location makes all of their ice cream by hand, which is what sets them apart from other ice cream spots. I love the "Otterbein's Sugar Cookie" flavor. They also have a flavor called "Ice Cream Sando," where pieces of an ice cream sandwich are layered into the ice cream. You should definitely check out this charm-filled ice cream shop

6. Chiapparelli's

Jules Einhorn

Chiapparelli's has become a quarantine-favorite of my family. They have some of the best Italian food you will find, they offer a family special that you and your fellow Terps could share. The family special, which costs $35, consists of salads (which comes with amazing salad dressing), three entrees, and delicious cannolis for dessert. I recommend the chicken parmesan, gnocchi bolognese, spaghetti and meatballs, and penne vodka (my personal favorite). Chiapparelli's easily became one of my favorite restaurants when I first visited just a few short months ago.

For University of Maryland Terps, a quick weekend getaway to Baltimore should be filled with great food and fun. These are only a few of my favorite restaurants in the Baltimore food scene, and I hope that you will give them a try the next time you're in Charm City.