It's been OOlong time since I've sipped tea. Tea, like coffee, has struck me as too "bitter," but I am willing to give it a shot again in order to see which types of tea are best suited for me. Yogi and Lipton are too mainstream, so I went all out for this article. I will be taste-testing four different teas from the company Sips By. To judge, I will rate the teas on a scale of 1-5 stars based on flavor.

Sips By is an online tea subscription box that features four different teas each month. The subscription is $15 and features tea from all over the world. Before you purchase the tea, you are prompted to take a free profile quiz that gives you questions based on your tea preferences. This guareanTEAS that you don't get any type you aren't going to love. 

The quiz will ask you questions such as "how often do you drink tea?" or "check the different types of tea you would be interested in trying."

When you first get the box, you are given a card that lists the teas you received as well as tea bags. Some of the teas are resealable and some can only be used once. Be sure to steep your tea for at least 2-3 minutes to get the most flavor. If you want to receive points towards a future box, do not forget to review your box at the end of the month.

#SpoonTip: A free October Box was sent to me for reviewing purposes.

1. Pinky Up

Red berry cooler is a bit on the tart side but once you water it down a bit (I tried it when it was hot instead of cold) then it makes for a flavorful treat. Perfect for a refreshing drink or at a party, I would highly recommend.

Rating: 4.5/5

2. The Tea Spot

The flavor I received was blood orange smoothie. It reminds one of a creamsicle flavor of ice cream and is soothing down the throat. The orange is sweet without being overbearing. Perfect for a day of studying in fall.

Rating: 5/5

3. Zest Tea

Zest tea Earl Gray was nice in that it already had its own pouch with the tea in it. Most of the teas you used the tea bags that they provided. It was a soothing tea, but instantly gave me a jolt of energy that reminded me of coffee, but without the negative effects. Overall neutral flavor.

Rating: 4/5

4. Chay Rose Tea

Chay rose tea had a nice flavor of elderberries, lemon peel, and rose. Flowers do have a slight flavor to it but not overbearing. More complementary to the other flavors they are with.

Rating: 4.5/5

#SpoonTip: Visit the website to be given exclusive codes towards full-size teas!

All of these teas are unique and flavorful. My favorite would have to be the Pinky Up Berry Cooler. It was exciting to try non-traditional teas, and I would recommend this box to someone who wants to venture out. This box changed my opinion of tea, in that depending on what tea you get, the flavors will be either more prominent or more neutral.