Silk has slowly expanded its repertoire from just soy milk to include other non-dairy milks, including oatmilk. They originally had just three flavors: plain, vanilla, and chocolate. But on Oct. 29, they released a no-sugar-added version, bringing them to four different varieties of oatmilk. 

I've been putting the plain one in my cereal for a little while (and alternating between other oatmilks, depending on what I can find in the store), but I'm always looking for the healthiest non-dairy milk out there. When a representative asked if I would be interested in trying the new version, I accepted right away.

Arielle Gordon

This oatmilk is poised to become my cereal replacement. Between the cereal itself and the fruit I add, I feel like I'm eating a lot of sugar in a small meal. The 0g sugar one will help me cut down on the added sugar I eat in a day. 

The 0g sugar one definitely tastes like it has no sugar, however. The oat flavor comes out a bit more than in the plain one. I usually don't drink it on its own, and I wouldn't just drink a glass of it. 

There is only 1 gram of protein in each eight-ounce serving, but it also only has 60 calories and 3 grams of fat. The oatmilk is fortified with a "Vitamin and Mineral Blend" that includes Calcium, Vitamin A, B12, D, and Riboflavin. It provides 100% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin B12 and 35% of the recommended Calcium to help make up for the nutrients people aren't getting by not drinking dairy milk. 

Just like the other three oatmilks Silk sells, this one is vegan and does not contain the carrageenans that some almondmilks have. The package says that its best consumed within 7-10 days of opening the carton, and it must be kept refrigerated. If you use it in cereal or smoothies every day, that won't be a problem.

Hopefully, Silk will continue to expand their line of oatmilks and release a 0g sugar chocolate one as well. For coffee drinkers, they have several oatmilk based coffee creamers on the market.