It’s been a long day. You’re tired and anticipating the newest episode of your favorite TV drama. You reach for your unopened bottle of Pinot Noir, ready to relax without any intention of taking a sip. As luck would have it, there are ways to pamper yourself with red wine that don’t involve a 7 a.m. wake up call from a raging headache.

Mix a Red Wine Face Mask

red wine

Two Buck Chuck is giving botox a run for its money. The anti-aging properties of wine are just as effective when applied directly to the skin’s surface. Red wines, particularly organic, are packed with antioxidants that help fight free radicals and aging by restoring collagen and elastic fibers, reducing fine lines and wrinkles as a result.

Red wine is rich in amino acids, which boost skin renewal and help to fight harmful UV rays. Its antioxidants form a protective barrier against the sun to prevent skin damage. Disclaimer: red wine is not a substitute for sunscreen.

Wine also contains natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Applying to the face helps fight acne, treats oily skin, and cleans pores to prevent break outs. Feel free to take a sip while you’re at it.

Treat Your Locks

red wine

Photo by Lauren Wininger

Why should your skin have all of the fun? Red wine could be the key to the luscious locks you’ve been longing for. Resveratrol, a substance found in red wine, is thought to prevent hair loss. It inhibits cell death and aids in hair growth. Simply shampoo, condition, and rinse with glass of your favorite Cabernet.

red wine

Draw a Wine Bath

red wine

Photo by Alexandra Hayes

This is the modern day bubble bath. Use red wine to eliminate dead skin cells and increase blood circulation to give you healthy, glowing skin. Red wine stimulates the development of new skin cells, improving hydration and giving one a younger and more supple complexion.

Red wine for the win.

red wine

Photo by Emma Brittingham

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

0yejlPoNFL4fxsgKnQEf11k8Nm1Y6Qdemxr2w6xfDCc