Three months ago, my greatest "cooking" accomplishment was pouring myself a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. Moving out of my family home, living alone, and learning how to cook for myself has been a big learning experience, especially in the kitchen. Luckily, these 4 seasoning blends have made the journey better and (of course) tastier.

Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning Blend

Victoria Manrique

Whether you want to give your food a taste of Mexico or just want to make something that is rich in flavor, the Chile Lime Seasoning Blend from Trader Joe's is the one for you. This combination of chili pepper, salt, lime juice powder, and red pepper creates the perfect blend of spicy and salty. The taste of chili and lime perfectly complements chicken, pineapple, or veggies. You can also sprinkle it on top of any of your favorite snacks (Chile Lime on popcorn is my personal favorite)!

Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend

Victoria Manrique

Want the flavor of a bagel without actually having to eat a bagel? Try Everything but the Bagel Seasoning! This particular blend can be placed on top of avocado toast, in your eggs, or even on top of a plain bagel with cream cheese. Although the most commonly known brand is only sold at Trader Joe's, you can find a variety of similar blends at other supermarkets. Either way, you can't go wrong with this flavoring!

Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute

Victoria Manrique

Another Trader Joe's staple is the 21 Seasoning Salute. This blend is composed of 21 spices and brings a rich taste to your food. Some of the most noticeable flavors are garlic, onion, rosemary, oregano, black pepper, and cumin. It is recommended to be placed in omelets and burgers, but I personally think it is best paired with salmon. Finding the right seasonings when cooking fish can be tricky, but this seasoning solves that problem completely. The best part: it's a salt-free blend! 

The Gourmet Collection's Roasted Garlic, Rosemary & Sea Salt Spice Blend

Victoria Manrique

This spice will make your food taste like a 5-star Michelin-rated meal. The blend of roasted garlic and rosemary creates a flavorful seasoning that you can place on steak, ground beef, veggies, or all three! Wherever you decide to use it will leave you wanting more.

The Reason for the Season(ing)

Whether you are an inexperienced college student living on your own for the first time, or an experienced chef, these spice blends are a great addition to your spice cabinet. Take the risk and make your cooking experience more enjoyable! Your taste buds will thank you later.