Whether you’re looking for a place to watch a game or simply craving a delicious meal, let me recommend my new favorite spot: Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux. You know I love Louisiana-inspired cuisine. (I even named my cat Beignet, after my favorite deep-fried pastry!) Walk-On's serves up the classics and more. I'm talking gumbo, grits, fried catfish, and actual beignets, all prepared from scratch.

Walk-On's was founded by Brandon Landry, who ‘walked on’ to the Louisiana State University basketball team in 1997. During his time on the team, he was able to travel across the country and visited some of the best bars and restaurants along the way. Inspire by this journey, he opened the first location in 2013 nearby Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, and has since expanded to 51 locations (and counting) across the Southeast USA. In 2013, he welcomed a co-owner, Drew Brees, beloved New Orleans Saints quarterback. They’ve also won many awards and even started the Game On Foundation

If you’re still not convinced to check out your local Walk-On's, these 4 menu items should do the trick.

1. Pastalaya

Images courtesy of Walk-On's

I love pasta, and I love jambalaya, so I am forever grateful for this incredible hybrid recipe filled with chicken, pork, andouille sausage, creole spices, and delicious noodles. *Chef’s Kiss*

2. Avery Island Salad

Images courtesy of Walk-On's

Don’t @ me for ordering a salad at a restaurant. This one is so much more than lettuce! It is dressed with blackened jumbo gulf shrimp, bacon, granny smith apples, candied pecans, bleu cheese, over a bed of mixed greens with TABASCO® brand pepper jelly.

3. Mad Mary

Images courtesy of Walk-On's

If you’re 21+, this bloody mary puts all other bloody marys to shame. With Tito’s handmade vodka, zing zang bloody mary mix, Walk-On’s creole seasoning rim, and signature mad garnish, this is the ultimate game-day brunch cocktail.

4. BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich

Images courtesy of Walk-On's

Let me preface this by saying, I love how Walk-On's serves waffle fries. IMO, they’re truly the most superior of all fries. This sammy is built on a brioche bun stuffed with Sweet Baby Rays® bbq pulled pork, cheddar cheese, spicy slaw, onion rings, and pickles.

I could go on and on and on, but you'll probably want to check out their full menu for yourself. FYI: Walk-On's has $5 specials every Tuesday in honor of Mardi Gras. And if there isn't a Walk-On's near your campus yet, follow them on Instagram for updates. Happy eating!