It's that time of year: midterms are starting, and parents' weekend is right around the corner. If your parents are coming to visit, there's a good chance they'll want to take you and your friends out to dinner. That leaves you with the ever-daunting task of finding a restaurant. With so many amazing eateries in Atlanta, how are you to choose? Save yourself the time and effort of scrolling on Yelp and OpenTable (go study!) and send your parents this list.

Here is my restaurant guide to parents' weekend in ATL.

Gypsy Kitchen

Cuisine: Spanish/Tapas

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 25 minutes

Neighborhood: Buckhead

Menu

I've never had a bad meal at Gypsy Kitchen. My go-to's are the patatas bravas, the Brussel sprouts, and the hummus plate. With so much to choose from, you really can't go wrong. On a warm night, you can sit out on the terrace and enjoy expansive views of the city. 

St. Cecilia

Cuisine: Italian

Price Range: $$$$

Distance from Emory: 20 minutes

Neighborhood: Buckhead

Menu

St. Cecilia does classic Italian with valuable additions: a crudo bar and the best bread service you've ever had. While the bread doesn't come with the meal, don't skip it. The focaccia and ricotta are so good, you'll end up asking for an extra order. Dinner at St. Cecilia is sure to impress the parents!

Kyma

Cuisine: Greek

Price Range: $$

Distance from Emory: 20 minutes

Neighborhood: Buckhead

Menu

Kyma does Greek food right! Their specialty is whole fish, but if that's not your thing, try the hummus or the ribeye. If you have a big group, definitely go for an assortment of appetizers. Note: Kyma does have a dress code, so don't show up in sweats!

Beetlecat

Cuisine: Seafood & Doughnut Brunch

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 15 minutes

Neighborhood: Inman Park

Menu: Dinner, Brunch 

Beetlecat: an unconventional name for an unconventional restaurant. For dinner, you can choose from a selection of oysters and crudo (and be sure to try the fry bread), while brunch offers a wide array of specialty doughnuts. Either way, you're sure to have a great meal.

The White Bull

Cuisine: New American

Price Range: $$

Distance from Emory: 10 minutes

Neighborhood: Decatur

Menu

The White Bull is described as a farm-forward restaurant. Its menu, while not extensive, has been carefully curated. The chef's creativity shines in dishes like Lamb Porchetta with lime crema, pickled blueberries, and zucchini and Funghi Fritti with furikake aioli and Aleppo pepper. 

The Iberian Pig

Cuisine: Spanish/Tapas

Price Range: $$

Distance from Emory: 10 min

Neighborhood: Decatur

Menu

The Iberian Pig has everything you could want from a tapas-style restaurant. The menu offers a wide selection of charcuterie and cheese, classic Spanish dishes like pan con tomate, and specialty items like the Wagyu burger. 

Rumi’s Kitchen

Cuisine: Persian

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 15 minutes

Neighborhood: Midtown

Menu

Rumi's Kitchen offers an upscale dining experience infused with "Persian hospitality, and an atmosphere filled with love." Menu standouts include Chilean sea bass and pomegranate short rib. 

Redbird

Cuisine: “Free-Spirited”

Price Range: $$

Distance from Emory: 30 minutes

Neighborhood: West Midtown

Menu

Redbird features an ingredient-forward menu. Dishes are centered around seasonal produce such as okra, summer squash, and chanterelles. Don't forget to try the Hoosier sugar cream pie for dessert!

Bastone

Cuisine: Italian & Mozzarella Bar

Price Range: $$

Distance from Emory: 30 minutes

Neighborhood: West Midtown

Menu

If you don't like cheese, keep scrolling. If you are a cheese-lover like me, you must try Bastone. Bastone offers a mozzarella bar where you can choose from various kinds of burrata, buffalo mozzarella, and more. Coming soon, Bastone will offer flights of pasta, where you can sample either three or five dishes in one order. 

Le Bon Nosh

Cuisine: French/Brunch

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 25 minutes

Neighborhood: Buckhead

Menu: Weekend Brunch, Dinner

Try Le Bon Nosh for brunch on the weekends or dinner any night. Their dinner features classic French dishes like duck confit and beef tartare. Their brunch goes beyond just pancakes and waffles. Try the peach burrata salad, a classic French omelet, or shakshuka. 

Delbar

Cuisine: Middle Eastern

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 15 minutes

Neighborhood: Inman Park

Menu

Delbar is a great spot for a big group. Get an array of small plates and spreads to share! For your main course, try the chicken kofta or the whole stuffed branzino. Delbar's menu also features an array of sauces like harissa, zhoug, and tahina to complement your main.  

Grana

Cuisine: Italian

Price Range: $$$

Distance from Emory: 10 minutes

Neighborhood: Buckhead

Menu

Grana is well-frequented by Emory students, and for good reason. In addition to a classic array of pizzas and pasta, Grana puts grandma-style meatballs and DIY cannolis center stage. Bring your parents and friends for a fun, festive dining experience!

So here's my gift to you—the only restaurant guide to parents' weekend in ATL that you'll ever need.