Summer is the perfect time to stop your daily run to Starbucks and take advantage of the beautiful weather. Get rid of your morning cup of coffee and find alternative ways to boost your energy for the day. Here are some of the best ways to start your day in the warm summertime heat without the unnecessary dose of caffeine.

Citrus

energy

Citrus fruits are ideal to enjoy in the summertime. Vitamin C offers many antioxidants that cause health benefits to boost your immune system. Citrus also is known to uplift your mood, which is necessary for any dragging morning.

Get Outside

energy

GIF courtesy of tottums.com

Summer mornings are beautiful and the perfect time to get outside to appreciate the great outdoors. Start your day off in the fresh air and don’t let this weather go to waste.

Yogurt

energy

Photo by Susanna Mostaghim

Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and is known to boost energy levels. It’s also filled with probiotics to help with digestion, so spice up this morning treat by adding fruit, granola, or honey to feel full all day.

Exercise

energy

GIF courtesy of media.giphy.com

Exercise releases endorphins that will boost your mood and energy levels for the day. Start your day off right and get ya body moving for the day.

Green Tea

energy

GIF courtesy of media.giphy.com

If cutting out every source of caffeine is too hard, try sipping on a glass of green tea. This lightly caffeinated beverage has multiple health benefits, making it the ideal way to start off your morning. Plus, it won’t give you the energy crash that coffee does.

Swimming

energy

Go for a dip in the pool to wake up and feel refreshed all day. It’s a perfect break from the scalding heat and a great way to shake up your average exercise routine.

Lemon Water

energy

GIF courtesy of i.makeagif.com

Start your day with a glass of lemon water. It’s a great source of energy without any added caffeine. Lemon water is also packed with vitamins and minerals that produce many health benefits.

Biking

energy

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Go for a bike ride to get up and enjoy the beautiful weather. Embrace the sun while it lasts, because there’s no better time to go for a ride than now. Bonus: biking gives you extremely shapely legs.