Somewhere between earning the nickname "40 Nugz" and shooting an ad for McDonald's latest Dollar Menu revamp, Chrissy Teigen found a way to make McDonald's cheeseburgers just a little better.

The trick: Reheating them in the microwave. I'm not kidding. Last week I had the chance to chat with Chrissy over the phone about her fave McDonald's items, and she revealed that she stocks up on cheeseburgers to reheat for later.

It's a genius idea, if you ask me. It's great for those times when 2 am you thinks you can eat three burgers, and 10 am you ain't one to shade leftovers.

Chrissy provided her instructions: "I order them in bulk, put them in the fridge, put them in the microwave with the paper on for 35 seconds, and then like a warm soft pillow, they’re so, so delicious," she said.

As much as I wanted to take her word for her it, that sounded too good to be true. I had to try it for myself. I went to McDonald's, picked up a $1 cheeseburger, placed it in my fridge, and went to sleep.

Ellie Conley

The next day, with the paper on, I tossed the burger in the microwave and hit 35 seconds. I'll admit, I was weirdly giddy. I had never been this excited to eat an old burger before, and actually, my expectations were not high at all. I envisioned a weird soggy cheeseburger, just warm, but I so badly wanted Chrissy to be right.

Then I took a bite. It was actually... good! It didn't look like much, but it was warm, the cheese was especially melty, and the bun was pillowy-soft. I ate the whole thing.

Ellie Conley

Thank goodness Chrissy was right. I can't believe I ever even doubted her, the woman who gave us "Cravings" and crowdsourced the perfect bananas via Twitter for making banana bread for "Cravings 2." My bad, but now, a winning hack for us all.