Binghamton University’s Red Mango has been playing with their menu, and recently, two new items have been bringing students to the marketplace.

Many students I have spoken to seem to be unaware of the menu changes at our campus Red Mango. Of the changes, I would say the two biggest are the new green smoothies and the smoothie bowls.

Red Mango

Photo by Christina Millan

The first of the two is the new green smoothie. For anyone looking for a healthier alternative to a sugary smoothie, Red Mango now provides three different varieties of green smoothie, including the one in the picture, the SPK smoothie, made with kale and spinach.

Previously, Binghamton’s Red Mango only served fruit based smoothies, but this vegetable based alternative, despite its color, is just as sweet.

Red Mango

Photo by Christina Millan

Red Mango has also added smoothie bowls to their menu, which also come in a variety of three flavors. The one pictured above is the tasty acai berry bowl, complete with acai blueberries, granola, banana and a delicious smoothie blend.

The different flavors of this new treat each serve their own purpose. Feeling low on energy? The protein berry bowl has you covered. Need some down time? The green pina colada bowl is your smoothie. The acai berry bowl has just enough sweetness and tart to pack a flavorful punch.

Whether you’re in the mood for a healthier smoothie, or you’re just hungry and want more out of your drink Red Mango’s new additions to the Binghamton Marketplace will have you back for seconds.