In the past six months, college students have been spread all over the country (and the world), trapped inside small apartments or doing school from home. Reminiscing about friends, in-person classes, and our favorite coffee shops and restaurants, we have had to adapt our school lifestyles. Personally, I miss my go-to Berkeley restaurants and my midday snacks. Continue reading to learn how to make your favorite Berkeley recipes at home.

1. Free Speech Movement's Blueberry Muffin

muffin, chocolate, sweet, pastry, cake, cookie, blueberry, goody, raisin muffin, blueberry muffin
Jinna Hatfield

FSM’s blueberry muffins are the ideal Moffitt study break snack. Studded with big, juicy blueberries and topped with a streusel, they pair beautifully with FSM’s coffee. This recipe from The New York Times will help you replicate your study break from home. 

2. Tasty Pot's Sichuan Hot Pot

Radhika Iyer

For those missing the steamy, crowded interior of Tasty Pot, here is a recipe from the Woks of Life for spicy Sichuan hot pot. It is filled with mouth-numbing (in the best way) Sichuan peppercorns and offers an extensive list of possible meats and seafood to add to you at-home hot pot. 

3. Caffe Strada’s Café au Lait

ice, coffee, tea, milk, cream
Alex Frank

Known for its absurdly large lattes and adorable patio seating, Caffe Strada is a regular jaunt for most UC Berkeley students. If you find yourself missing the enticing smell of freshly brewed coffee, look no further than Epicurious’ Café au Lait recipe.

4. Mezzo's Giant Salads 

salad, lettuce, vegetable, corn, pepper, corn salad, onion
Kristine Mahan

Mezzo’s long lines during every meal attest to its large, delicious salads and sandwiches. If you’re missing the salads that last a minimum of two meals, look no further than this recipe from The New York Times

5. Imm Thai Street Food's Red Curry 

sauce, tomato, chili, pepper, vegetable, vegetarian, curry, spices, tofu
Julia Gilman

There is little that is more satisfying than Imm Thai’s spicy, hot curries on a foggy, rainy Berkeley day. This New York Times recipe almost makes you feel like you're peering out of Imm Thai's windows into downtown Berkeley. Bonus points if you make some roti with your red curry!

6. Sliver Pizzeria's Vegetarian Slice

pizza, cheese, crust, dough, sauce
Danielle Chen

Sliver’s daily vegetarian pizza is so tasty that even the most committed carnivore will admit to liking it. A personal favorite is pizza topped with corn and served with excessive amounts of their signature green sauce. Food52’s recipe for corn-topped pizza is the ideal recipe for your next pizza night. 

7. Yali's Cafe Matcha Latte

soup, tea, matcha, green tea, cream
Daniela Karpenos

My late-to-lecture stories usually include a quick stop at Yali’s to pick up a matcha latte. Luckily, I can make this Food and Wine matcha latte at home in a couple minutes and it almost helps me feel like I am on campus. 

8. Muracci's Curry 

sauce, vegetable
Rae Steinbach

Muracci’s Japanese curry is warm, spicy, and a wholly satisfying dinner break on a night-time walk back from campus . Plus, students get extra rice for free (so it almost always lasts two meals)! This curry from Just One Cookbook works well with many types of meats, fish, or veggies, so take your pick! 

It might feel like it is impossible to fully replicated the feeling of being on campus this semester, but I hope these recipes can help you through our virtual semester!