New Jersey’s reputation has been dragged through the mud by reality TV shows like “Jersey Shore” and “The Real Housewives of New Jersey”. And while the drama-loving cast of the Bravo hit series does not represent the state perfectly, their taste in restaurants will be sure to delight any New Jersey native or visitor. So if you ever want to feel like a Real Housewife make sure to give these places a try.

1. Varka Estiatorio

This upscale Ramsey seafood spot has hosted many "Real Housewives" dinners, especially in the earlier seasons. If you visit in the winter, the elegant and trendy interior will be the perfect atmosphere for your meal, but if you’re lucky enough to visit the restaurant in the summer months, Varka’s outdoor seating provides the perfect ambiance. Be sure to try one of their sizzling losbter dishes.

2. The Brick House

Located in Wyckoff, New Jersey, The Brick House is the go-to steakhouse in the corner of northwest Bergen County where the Real Housewives of New Jersey have called home for many seasons. Caroline Manzo knew a private room in this stately and elegant restaurant would be the appropriate place to sit Danielle Staub down for a serious screaming match in Season 2.

Complete your trip to The Brick House with one of their fine steaks, and don’t miss out on their complimentary cheese bread, which will leave you drooling.

3. Sook Pastry

George Thomson

Perhaps North Jersey’s finest patisserie, Sook Pastry in Ridgewood brings a taste of France to New Jersey. The glass pastry case is dotted with delectable croissants, pastries, and colorful macarons, and the bakery also serves an assortment of sweet and savory crepes. And if that’s not enough, Sook is also the site of Caroline Manzo’s heartfelt conversation with Joe Gorga when his feud with Teresa was at its worst.

4. The HoHoKus Inn

George Thomson

Celebrated for its Sunday buffet brunch, The HoHoKus Inn was also the stage for a notable fight between Caroline and Teresa, involving Teresa’s shaky relationship with her brother Joe. But more importantly, The HoHoKus Inn’s creative bar and dining room menus will satisfy any appetite, and a sunny outdoor patio makes this Real Housewives favorite perfect for the summer months.

5. L’Arte

George Thomson

The scene for a Season 6 reconciliation between temporary cast members Amber and Nicole, L’Arte is the perfect place to meet with a friend or an enemy. Be sure to try their wide selection of coffee, tea, and pastries. With an Italian flair, this Ramsey cafe also serves up gelato and panini.

6. Fresco da Franco

George Thomson

Since Season 7, Montclair’s Fresco seems to be the second home of the NJ Housewives. Fresco’s white-tablecloth Italian fare and brick oven pizza will please a variety of customers. If you’re stopping in for lunch as the housewives often do, don’t forget to try one of their delicious paninis. If you're feeling like a shopping spree is in order, Melissa Gorga’s boutique Envy is just around the corner on Bloomfield Avenue.

7. Rails Steakhouse

George Thomson

If Fresco was the Housewives’ second home during Seasons 7 and 8, Rails was their third. The expansive and exquisitely decorated steakhouse sits along the train station in Towaco, and serves a variety of upscale dishes in its elegantly rustic setting. Longtime star Jacqueline Laurita’s last appearance on the show was in the Rail’s parking lot, after Siggy Flicker organized a lunch for all of the feuding cast members.

8. Tenafly Classic Diner

George Thomson

Real Housewives star Siggy Flicker frequented Tenafly Classic Diner many times while on the show during Seasons 7 and 8. Tenafly Classic Diner was the setting of her noteworthy altercation with Margaret after the infamous group trip to Boca. With vintage decor, you will feel the classic charm of the diner, and their elevated and lengthy menu will please any appetite for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

9. Brasserie

George Thomson

With red tufted booths, elegant white walls and French-inspired decor, Brasserie is the perfect location for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Siggy Flicker sure agrees, taking her mother to lunch here at the Tenafly spot while the cameras were rolling. Make sure to try the croque madame or avocado toast, though the other menu items certainly won’t disappoint.

10. Pizza Love

George Thomson

During Kathy Wakile’s years on the show, viewers have learned about her passion for cooking, often salivating as Kathy prepares a variety of italian fare on screen. Now, you can try out Kathy’s recipes in her Wyckoff restaurant Pizza Love. Despite the NJ Housewives expensive taste, Pizza Love is a great value for a tasty meal. Don’t forget to end your meal with an order of zeppoles.

So, next time you want a good food recommendation in northern New Jersey, you can tune into Bravo’s hit reality show. While they may be full of drama, the Real Housewives sure know how to eat.