The fall season is inevitably associated with pumpkin spice, and this irresistible flavor can be enjoyed in a multitude of options. I’m not just talking about the traditional pumpkin pie, nor the omnipresent Starbucks PSL. Pairing your food with the season is crazy easy and doubly rewarding. There are so many creative options, which means there's something for everyone. Lucky for you, I’m here to help satisfy any and all of your pumpkin cravings. 

The most ambitious pumpkin-flavored foods can be created in your very own kitchen. There are an innumerable amount endless recipes of home-made pumpkin delicacies just waiting to be explored. Here are some delectable homemade fall treats to pair with any meal.

Pumpkin Pancakes

With a breakfast this good, who wouldn't want to get out of bed in the morning? This appetizing stack is the perfect way to begin any day. These delectable pumpkin pancakes can be enjoyed plain, but can also be complemented with blueberries, cinnamon chips, chocolate chips, or really anything that your imagination can think up. 

Pumpkin Cheesecake

A combination of two amazing dishes, pumpkin cheesecake takes dessert to a whole new level. The traditional taste of pumpkin pie, combined with the creamy and rich texture of a cheesecake, makes for a truly dynamic duo. A single bite will ensure that this dessert becomes an automatic seasonal must-have. Pumpkin cheesecake is truly a dessert to wow every guest and to complement any meal.

Pumpkin Bread

If you’re missing the summer sun, a slice of this soft and sweet pumpkin bread is just the thing to get your spirits back up. This recipe can be customized with a plethora of ingredients to personalize the taste. For instance, the unlikely combination of rich, gooey chocolate and pumpkin spice will have your taste buds singing with glee.

Pumpkin Rolls

If none of the previous options speak to you, then a freshly made pumpkin roll with a sweet, creamy center is definitely calling your name. Pumpkin rolls are the perfect fall food since they can be eaten as a meal or as a snack. Like the pumpkin pancakes, a yummy bite of this pumpkin roll bright and early in the morning will set a positive tone for the rest of the day. Or, you can add some fall flavor to your meals by enjoying it as a dessert.

Pumpkin Whoopee Pies

Another fall treat, the pumpkin whoopee pie is a rare gem that certainly warrants a try. This is definitely one of the more esoteric pumpkin desserts, and for that reason alone, you must try it. The taste is similar to that of the pumpkin roll, however, the cream to cake ratio is less balanced: if you like more of that soft, creamy icing in the middle, then this is the treat you'll want to make. I promise it'll become a favorite. Plus, it definitely trumps the traditional chocolate ones.

As you can see, there are countless recipes to ensure that the rest of your fall season is full of great pumpkin-flavored foods. You no longer have to resort to the Starbucks PSL in order to get your fix. So now, anytime that autumn breeze tickles your skin, or you find yourself walking over a carpet of rainbow leaves, and it evokes a desperate pumpkin craving, you have the inspiration to remedy this problem. So, go out and taste the season in your own way while you still can. Now, if you’ll excuse me: I have my own slice of pumpkin pie calling my name.

Meredith Pinheiro