Let's talk protein bars. Protein bars are an amazing grab-and-go snack, the perfect pre or post workout treat, or sometimes, on a busy day, a quick and easy breakfast. 

Despite this versatility, finding the right protein bar can be tricky- I mean, there are so many of them! You go to the grocery store, and chances are, there is a full aisle just dedicated to protein bars. 

Even though there's so many options, we all have our favorites. Whether you're a die hard Kind Bar person, or swear by Cliff bars, we rarely ever find ourselves venturing out of our comfort zone to explore the vast universe of protein bars. 

As someone whose eaten their fair share of weird protein bars, I'm here to tell you that there are so many amazing ones out there (both taste and nutritional wise) that people are missing out on! 

Here are just some of my favorite one's that I feel don't get credit where credit is due...

CLIF Kid ZBAR Iced Oatmeal Flavor

Now this one's a little specific, but trust me. This bar has the perfect amount of icing and tastes exactly like an oatmeal cookie. Even though it's technically branded as "for kids", any age can appreciate the deliciousness of this bar. 

Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Layered Bars 

With a layer of granola topped with a dark chocolate fudge ganache and sprinkled with coconut flakes and walnuts, this one's basically a healthy dessert. I suggest heating it up for ~30 seconds in the microwave to make the chocolate a little melty for some extra flavor. 

KIND Breakfast Bars

Different from the regular, thin, almond-filled Kind bars we all know, the Kind Breakfast Bars are much more satisfying. Ranging in flavors from blueberry almond to dark chocolate cocoa, each bar is super delicious and makes for the perfect snack. As an added benefit, these babies come with 2 cookies per package! 

No Cow Protein Bars

This one's definitely my favorite vegan option. Made entirely of plants, No Cow Protein Bars have about 22 grams of protein stuffed into flavors such as cookies n cream, raspberry truffle, and chunky peanut butter. Their slogan "No Whey!" is the perfect way to describe the immaculate flavor-punch these bars pack. 

ONE Bars

I would say these ones are pretty well known, if not one the rise... and they have a good reason to be. One bars are amazing and come in so many different flavors. While I definitely recommend either glazed donut or birthday cake, you'll never run out of options with these. With over 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar per bar, I'd definitely consider One a go-to. If you're a vegan, ONE also makes a plant-based protein bar!  

RXBAR Protein Bar 

I feel like we've all seen these ones, they're sold almost everywhere, but have you ever tried them? They're made with super minimal ingredients, and come in flavors that you won't believe are actually good for you. RXBARs are by far my #1 pick, not only because of how minimally processed they are, but how delicious. Every morning I pair the maple sea salt bar with a cup of coffee. Its the perfect start to my day.

This is a call to venture out of your protein-bar-comfort-zone and explore. Next time you're at the grocery store, maybe pick up one or two of these to try 'em out. Maybe even try one not on the list, and see how it goes. Who knows? You may find your new go-to protein bar.