School, college, and life are crazy times (trust me, I can relate). When my stomach starts rumbling, I need a quick and healthy protein bar or snack to keep my energy up. There are so many easily-accessible, healthy, protein-packed protein bars out there that many do not know about. Below are some of my up-and-coming favorites of cheap & healthy protein bars you don't know of but should

*All of these protein bars are gluten-free, vegan, and paleo & taste delicious.

1. GO RAW

Shana de Urioste de Urioste
@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

Go Raw has very pure, simple ingredients (dates and seeds) that help give me sustainable energy throughout the day.

Go Raw's Sprouted Cookies are all made with organic ingredients. They are kind of a mixture between a cookie and a cracker (especially depending on what flavor you try). Their variety of flavors allows you to never get bored with the taste. 

@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

I love these protein bars because their main source of protein isn't pea protein, nuts, or dairy... it's watermelon seeds! Yes, watermelon seeds. These puppies are packed with 12 grams of protein per bar, and are delicious, nutritious, #glutenfree, #vegan, and #paleo.

2. Trail Nuggets  

@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

These bars are very tasty and delicious. They have something for everyone. If you are feeling citrus, their beet & lemon bar is for you. If you're more in the mood for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (me... always), they've got peanut butter chocolate bars too.

@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

I actually took these bars on my last backpacking trip, so I can attest that when I needed energy the most (having walked 26 miles up to 11,500 feet of elevation), they provided me with an abundance of energy to help me complete my adventure.

3. Perfect Bar

Perfect Bars have been making the headlines lately for just that... the perfect bar. They are packed with an abundance of protein and calories for when you're in need of fast energy.

#Spoontip: *I stay away from dairy, and if you're like me (or want to be), Perfect Bar has one vegan flavor: Almond Coconut.*

4. NuGo Nutrition

@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

NuGo has something for practically anybody. They have the sweet, dairy protein bars and the protein-packed vegan ones too. 

Did I mention they also have cookies? This is an excuse to have dessert for a meal.

#SpoonTip: Warm the cookies up for an extra gooey, out-of-the-oven taste.

5. Creation Nation

@TheActiveElena (Shana de Urioste)

Creation Nation is so inventive. It's like a baking mix... but for protein bars.

If you are in the mood for something a bit more fresh & want to be a lil creative in the kitchen but don't have much time, all you have to do is add water (coconut oil and liquid sweeteners are optional).

Want a ball? You've got a ball. Want a bar? You've got a bar. Want a slice of cake? You can have your cake and eat it too. #versatility

6. @TheActiveElena 's Homemade Protein Bars

These homemade protein bars are thebombDOTcom. My roommates devoured them within seconds. They are made with pure ingredients (nut butter, maple syrup, etc.).  Click HERE for the full recipe.

All of these bars are easily accessible and are suitable for any type of diet: paleo, gluten-free, vegan, or "just want to be sort of healthier" options. So easy. So simple. So tasty. So healthy. What more could you ask for? 

Let me know your favorites :)