It’s no secret that Priyanka Chopra Jonas is a multitalented queen. The actress, singer, film producer, philanthropist (and now author!) has made waves in the entertainment industry and beyond with her magnetic performances, advocacy efforts, and more. Now, she’s adding to her already-impressive resume by entering the restaurant business, and I couldn’t be more excited.

This month, Chopra Jonas will be opening a new Indian restaurant in New York City called SONA, an homage to her home country and cuisine. The new restaurant will be on East 20th Street in the Flatiron district, AKA way too close to me, so I’m going to need a reservation as soon as doors open.

She made the announcement over the weekend on Instagram, and people are already hype. In the post, she shared with her 60.9 million followers: “I’m thrilled to present to you SONA, a new restaurant in NYC that I poured my love for Indian food into. SONA is the very embodiment of timeless India and the flavours I grew up with.”  

SONA promises an innovative menu, and the kitchen will be helmed by renowned chef, restaurateur, and author Hari Nayak, who Chopra Jonas says will take us on a “food journey” through her home country. She also shared on Instagram some adorable photos from 2019 when she, Nick, and others performed an intimate Puja (prayer ceremony) to bless the new space.

Image source: Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Instagram

According to Chef Nayak’s website, SONA will be a “refined, modern interpretation of a classic neighborhood French brasserie...with an understated aesthetic that celebrates and pays homage to the Indian subcontinent’s rich cultural heritage.” The restaurant’s design, inspired by bustling 1930s Bombay, also sounds like it’ll be the perfect ambiance for New York City food enthusiasts.

Honestly, is there anything Priyanka Chopra Jonas can’t do?! I’m excited to try her new spot later this month and experience the exciting cuisine SONA has to offer. If you’re in the area and want to check it out too, you follow along for updates at @sonanewyork