Tassot

Photo courtesy of Tassot Apiaries

Bees are pretty great. Apart from having their own card in Cards Against Humanity (Bees?), they also benefit the environment and produce one of the most delicious condiments possible — honey! Honey is severely underrated, but can serve a variety of food purposes from a spread on toast and English muffins to a sweetener in a hot cup of tea. Tassot Apiaries recognizes that honey is a jack of all trades and provides fresh, local honey and wax products for New Jersey residents to enjoy.

Tassot

Photo courtesy of Tassot Apiaries

Tassot Apiaries produces not only liquid honey, honeystix, beeswax candles and soaps, but also whipped honey. Whipped honey, or creamed honey, is a spreadable honey that is created by controlling the crystallization process (turning honey from a liquid into a solid) so that the crystals are very small. This whipped honey is super easy to spread over toast and the like and keeps well in room temperature — the dream food for every college student without a mini fridge! And even better, Tassot has varieties such as cinnamon and hot pepper to round out a more robust palette.

Tassot

Courtesy of Tassot Apiaries

You can also pick up some awesome beeswax candles (to send back to your family of course… Fire Safety wouldn’t take kindly to them in a dorm room). Visiting the store in Hunterdon County just shows how much Tassot Apiaries has to offer: rows on rows of candles and soaps line a wall within its shop. It even has some beeswax lip balms for sale.

Tassot

Photo courtesy of Tassot Apiaries

Support local honey by checking Tassot Apiaries out at the Princeton University Farmers’ Market, held every Wednesday starting April 15 in Firestone Courtyard. Stop by any time between 11 am and 3 pm to snack on some fresh honey — I know I’ll be picking up some whipped honey for my morning bagels.