One of the biggest perks of being in college is the number of student discounts you get access to. The Prime Student Membership is my personal favorite—and one that I’m definitely going to miss after I graduate. With a Prime Student Membership, you can get a six-month trial at no cost followed by half off regular Prime ($6.49 per month or $59 per year). That way, you can get all the perks of Amazon Prime at a college-budget-friendly price! 

The value of a Prime Student Membership is seriously unmatched. Where else can you stream music and thousands of movies and TV shows, receive discounts on college essentials, and get fast, free shipping all in one place? If you’re not already convinced, here are five ways that a Prime Student Membership is a must in 2022.

Amazon.com

1. Exclusive Offers

Being a college student can be hard. To make it easier, Prime Student offers tons of exclusive deals just for students, including a free Grubhub+ Student monthly membership, a free trial of the Calm app followed by a discounted rate, access to premium Prime Video Channels (like Starz and SHOWTIME) for just $0.99 per month, and more.

As if that weren’t enough, you can also get one free month of Course Hero (followed by a discounted rate), where you can access resources for their courses with 24/7 homework help, textbook solutions, and even tutors. Plus, if you need a weekend getaway or a trip home, you can get up to 10% off already discounted flights and hotels from StudentUniverse! Feels good to be a student. 

2. Prime Video Access

Watch thousands of TV shows and movies with access to Prime Video. I’m planning on using mine to binge-watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with my sisters over winter break. Prime Video also includes some of my favorite movies, such as The Proposal, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Bride Wars. Movie night, anyone?

Amazon.com

Watch now on Prime Video.

3. An Unlimited Library

Another perk you’ll get with your Prime Student Membership? Prime Reading, which offers unlimited access to tons of eBooks, magazines, comics, and more. Consider it your own personal—and unlimited—library. First up on my Prime Reading list? Mindy Kaling’s Amazon Originals story collection, Nothing Like I Imagined.

Amazon.com

Read now on Prime Reading.

4. Ad-Free Music Streaming

Amazon Music gives you access to millions of songs and podcast episodes. With your Prime Student Membership. you’ll also get Amazon Music Unlimited for a discounted rate of $0.99 per month. Personally, music is a must-have part of my day, and Amazon Music makes it easier than ever to access all of my favorites.

Amazon.com

Start listening on Amazon Music.

5. Fast, Free Shipping

One of my favorite perks of my Prime Student Membership is fast, free shipping on millions of items. Yes, literally millions. I can always count on Amazon Prime to deliver everything I need as fast as possible. Whether you get stuck with a snoring roommate and need noise-canceling headphones ASAP or run out of your favorite shampoo, you can rest assured that your essentials will be at your door in just a few days.

Ready to make the most of 2022? Start the new year on the right foot with a Prime Student Membership! Trust me, with so many perks, you won’t know how you got through 2021 without it. 

As an Amazon Associate, Spoon University earns from qualifying purchases.