This Saturday, Old Campus will transform into a massive concert arena, featuring Vince Staples, Janelle Monáe and A-TRAK. This day-long concert is arguably one of the most exciting days of the year on campus, but it’s very, very LONG and requires some pre-emptive planning to avoid an inevitable crash (because no one wants to run out of steam before the headline event).

Spring Fling

Photo by Yale Spring Fling Committee

This year’s incredible line up deserves an equally impressive pre-game to keep you energized and ready for the next event. So drop your warm beer and Dubra and navigate your pre-game like a pro with these delicious and ridiculously easy-to-make alternatives:

LATE MORNING/EARLY AFTERNOON:

Start off the day with a satisfying boozy brunch. Get your fix of eggs, pancakes, bacon and more while sipping a light, refreshing mimosa. If you’re making a mimosa at home, the recipe’s extremely simple: just combine equal amounts of sparkling wine and orange juice, or whichever ratio you prefer.

Spring Fling

Photo courtesy of @treat_yo_selfff on Instagram

#SpoonTip: If you’re a coffee drinker, try to match your cups of coffee with an equal if not greater amount of water to compensate for its diuretic effect. Coffee combined with alcohol can make you seriously dehydrated, so make sure to drink a lot of water before and throughout the day.

AFTERNOON:

The music’s starting to play and people are finally making their way over to old campus. To keep going with the fruity trend from your mimosa, Spoon recommends a mixture of orange, pineapple and grapefruit juice combined with the alcohol of your choice, whether it’s vodka, tequila or rum.

Spring Fling

Photo courtesy of @heirloomnewhaven on Instagram

#SpoonTip: Pineapple and grapefruit juice pair particularly well with tequila because they help mitigate its flavor.

If you’re looking to be a little more adventurous (or, just need MORE) try these recipes for the perfect afternoon buzz:

1. Summer Shandy

Spring Fling

Photo by KJ Carlstrom

Tired of just beer? This recipe combines beer with sweet lemonade and ginger-ale for a more refreshing twist. Get the recipe here.

2. Cuba Libre

Spring Fling

Photo by Daniel Schuleman

If you’re not too into fruity drinks, try this spin-off of the classic “Rum and Coke.” You can find the recipe here.

EVENING

Spring Fling

Photo courtesy of Yale Spring Fling

With Janelle Monáe headlining and A-TRAK following, match the upbeat, powerful dance and electronic music with these bold and fierce cocktails.

1. Colorful drinks

Spring Fling

Photo by Nathan Meijer / Creative Commons

Impress your friends with these creative (and also easy to make!) colorful drinks. Find recipes here.

2. Two-ingredient drinks

Spring Fling

Photo courtesy of eatdreamwin.com

We know there’s not much time in between artists, so if you’re in a serious time crunch but wan’t to drink something that won’t make you cringe, try these two-ingredient drinks.

And If these drink options don’t satisfy you, go all out and mix red bull with the alcohol of your choice to create Lil John’s classic CRUNK JUICE.

Spring Fling

Photo courtesy of Yale Spring Fling

…okay, maybe don’t do that. But either way, plan ahead, BE SAFE and have fun!

Here’s the schedule for the day:

3 pm: Doors open
3:30-5:30 pm: Student bands
5:30 pm: Student DJ #1
6 pm: Vince Staples
7 pm: Student DJ #2
7 pm: Janelle Monáe
8 pm: Student DJ #3
9 pm: A-TRAK
10 pm: Toad’s after party

**You must be 21 years or older to drink in the state of Connecticut