College can be stressful, crazy, intense, super fun, and basically every other emotion under the sun. Whatever weird stuff is going on for you, there's nothing that can't be solved with a comforting cup of tea. I'm serious-- it's my cure-all. Lucky for you, I'm here to guide you on what is the perfect tea for every college situation.

Having trouble sleeping? 

Grab a cup of Sleepy Time Tea. Besides their classic tea, they also offer varieties like Sleepy Time Sinus Soother, and other renditions on the classic like these peach and vanilla versions. The mix of herbs, including chamomile, lemongrass, and spearmint, all taste delicious, relax me and put me right to sleep. 

Caught the dorm cold that's going around?

If it's a stomach bug, go for a cup of chamomile, like this Bigelow classic. A cough calls for something with a little lemon flavor, like this Lemon Honey Ginseng green tea. If a sore throat is what's bugging you, try Throat Coat herbal tea. Believe me, that stuff is miraculous, as anyone who's had to sing with a cold can tell you. Add a touch of honey to any of these for a little sweetness and an added health bonus. 

The weekend hit you a little too hard? 

A few cups of peppermint tea on an empty stomach can soothe your stomach and get you ready for the caffeine you know you'll need later. Just do yourself a favor and drink it slow: you want to rehydrate but you don't want to overdo it. 

tea, herb
Rehmat Babbar

Going to class after an all-nighter of studying?

If you're not a fan of coffee, go for black tea. It has the strongest caffeine content of any type of tea, and it comes in many flavors. I personally love a cup of classic English Breakfast tea for a little boost. For a little extra ~flavor~, check out a spicy chai tea. This chocolate mint tea is a sweet treat, and this Paris tea has a light and fruity flavor. You can find any flavor of black tea for any season, so get looking!

hot chocolate, chocolate, cream, cappuccino, tea, milk, espresso, coffee
Julie Lau

In a fall mood?

Check out this pumpkin spice chai-- it might be a little basic, but we all secretly love it. For a caffeine free fruity drink, this herbal apple cider tea will hit the spot. Or, on a blustery day, some hot cinnamon spice tea will warm you right up.  

pumpkin, pasture, vegetable, gourd
Anna Arteaga

Are your classes stressing you the heck out?

Drink some green tea. Seriously. I know kombucha is all the rage right now, but there's something to be said for a regular old cup of green tea. It goes great with fruity flavors, like this green tea with pomegranate or this Harney and Sons tropical green. Green tea is loaded with health benefits and may even help reduce the risk of cold and disease. Besides that, it’s a surefire way to calm yourself down and help you find your zen. 

matcha, tea, herb, green tea
Sam Jesner

Need to detox real quick after you ate something nasty?

Honestly, guys, we all know that college food isn't exactly the greatest cuisine around. Sometimes it just doesn't quite agree with you and you need to take some.... ahem, action. Grab some Smooth Move tea. Just trust me. It'll do what you need it to do.

Wanna get ahead on the holiday season? 

Yes, I know, it's early, but these teas still taste so good! Stash makes a Holiday Chai that is equal parts spicy and sweet, perfect for a cold night. Harney and Sons makes a Holiday Tea that combines cloves, cinnamon and almond flavors to taste like an actual Christmas cookie, and their White Christmas tea is light and not too sweet, perfect for pairing with holiday desserts. Just because it isn't the holiday season quite yet doesn't mean you can't get ahead on all those delicious flavors!

College life can be tricky, and sometimes it helps to just sit back with a good cup of tea.  There are so many different kinds that there really is something for everyone and every moment. Start stocking up your own tea collection so that you can be prepared for anything that comes your way!