ATTENTION “PARKS AND REC” FANS: On a recent episode of the NBC hit show, Amy Poehler’s character, Leslie Knope, mentioned she wanted to write a women’s rights cookbook titled “The Feminine Mesquite.” The pun comes from a type of a way that certain meat is prepared, like mesquite chicken combined with a famous feminist novel The Feminine Mystique. It’s genius.

This is one of my favorite moments ever in the show’s history, because it combines food, puns and feminism. And really, what’s better than that? So I decided to create my own. Inspired by her feminist BBQ cookbook, here’s a list of dishes that I think would fit right in.

Parks and Rec

Courtesy of Tumblr.com

Parks and Rec

Courtesy of Tumblr.com

1. Malala Mac N Cheese

Malala Yousafzai is a 17 year old Pakastani Noble Prize winner known for her women education advocacy. Malala’s fight for her educational pursuits have gotten international recognition, making her an inspiration for young women everywhere.

Mac N Cheese recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Amanda Shulman

2. Smashed The Patriarchy Potatoes

“Smash the patriarchy” is a commonly used slang phrase describing the resistance of “traditional” gender spheres.

Mashed Potato recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Caitlin Shoemaker

3. We Can On the Cob

“We can do it” is a well known phrase associated with Rosie the Riveter poster. Rosie the Riveter was a symbol of women contributing to the war effort during World War II.

Corn on the Cob recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Tiare Brown

4. Susan Baked Bean Anthony

Susan B. Anthony was a major player during the women’s suffrage movement advocating for a woman’s right to vote.

Baked Bean Dip recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

5. Bechdel Back Ribs

The Bechdel Test is used to determine whether a work of fiction, usually in respect to movies, passes three pieces of criteria. A work passes the test if (1) there are at least two women in it, (2) who talk to each other (3) about something other than a man. Check out which movies pass or don’t pass.

Baby Back Rib Recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Rafi Letzter

6. Pulled Pork Steinwiches

Gloria Steinem is a feminist icon of the 1960s and ’70s. She is a writer as well as a social and political activist.

Pulled Pork Sandwich recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Amanda Gajdosik

7. Bell Hookory Smoked Bacon Burger

Bell Hooks is an author and social activist widely known for her work Ain’t I a Women? Hooks deals with the intersection of race and gender in society.

Hickory Smoked Bacon Burger recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Hannah Cather

8. Seneca Falls Franks

The Seneca Falls Convention of 1848 was the first women’s rights convention.

Hot Dog Recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Mira Nguyen

9. The 19th Amendment Apple Pie

The 19th Amendment to the US Constitution was ratified in 1920, finally allowing women the right to vote.

Apple Pie recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Adam H. Weiss

10. Margaret Sangeria

Margaret Sanger is an icon for women’s reproductive rights. Sanger popularized the term “birth control” as well as opened the first birth control clinic in the US.

Sangria recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

11. Ruth Bader Gin Fizz

Ruther Bader Ginsburg is the second female justice on the Supreme Court. R.B.G. has given advice for young feminists, which can be found in this Huffington Post article.

Gin Fizz recipe here.

Parks and Rec

Photo by Daniel Schuleman