In honor of the opening of The Hunger Games, Mockingjay Part 2 on November 20th, we’ve assembled a how-to guide for hosting a BBQ for the thirteen districts of Panem. Each district is known for something special, so we thought why not put those special skills to use and direct the districts’ pent-up energy into throwing a kickass BBQ.

The districts have been divided into the following BBQ-planning committees: Food, Ambiance, Exterior Design and Logistics.

Food

Districts 4, 9, 10 and 11

district

Gif courtesy of mtv.com

District 9 is all about that grain and therefore it’s responsible for all the BBQ’s bread products. We want to see buns, rolls, and loaves. District 11’s focus on agriculture means that it will handle salads and side dishes.

The main entrée will provided by District 10, which specializes in raising livestock, but there should also be an alternative available for red meat naysayers. District 4 will provide a seafood option to BBQ attendees, since its main industry is fishing.

Ambiance

Districts 1, 3 and 8

district

District 1 provides luxury items to the Capitol, so it’s perfectly suited to make sure this BBQ is a glamorous affair (we’re talkin’ serious party supplies and booze). District 3’s industry is electronics, so they are on twinkly-string-light-duty; a must-have to give the BBQ a rustic-chic vibe.

District 8 makes textiles, so they are in charge of tablecloths and cloth napkins. Don’t underestimate them, a BBQ cannot succeed without ample napkins and proper table dressings.

Exterior Design

Districts 2 and 7

district

District 2 is known for its masonry, so it’s charged with upkeep of the entertaining space. District 7 is the place to go for lumber, so it can definitely handle pergola construction and additional lawn furniture if need be.

Logistics

Districts 5, 6, 12

district

This BBQ could never happen without logistical planning. Arguably the most important part of a BBQ is the grill, and if you want an authentic smokey meat then you’ll need charcoal. Look no further than District 12’s industry in coal mining for the perfect grilling supplies.

Power is in the hands of District 5, so it will make sure that the music and lights are synchronized once the sun goes down. Getting the guests to the backyard barbecue and home afterward is the responsibility of District 6 whose primary occupation is transportation.

You may have noticed that District 13 wasn’t included in this how-to guide. That’s because they develop nuclear weapons and are currently leading a rebellion. They have bigger fish to fry.