For those of you UVA students, you're social media feeds have most likely been filled with new profile pictures, cover photos and posts about this year's Pancakes for Parkinson's event. Using you're favorite breakfast foods to lure you in, P4P combines a great food with an even better cause.

On Saturday, October 21, 2017, UVA students hosted the 14th annual Pancakes for Parkinson's event to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation, which aims find a cure for Parkinson's Disease. Students, faculty and community members alike came together on the South Lawn to make pancakes, donate money and raise awareness about this disease.

Izzi Weiss

Even better? P4P event donates 100% of their proceeds to find a cure for this life threatening disease. That being said, if you weren't there enjoying pancakes last Saturday, here is a recap of the flipping success of this year's Pancakes for Parkinson's:

So, how much did these pancakes raise?

Izzi Weiss

In 2016, Pancakes for Parkinson's raised $65,000 for the Fox Foundation. This year, UVA's P4P event aimed to raise $70,000 for the cause. In the past ten year, P4P has raised a whopping $346,000.

"It was a really special day of bringing people together, and raising a lot of money for a great cause!" Quoted Taylor Portland, UVA student and P4P volunteer. 

How can you do you're part?

goody, cream, chocolate, pastry, sprinkles, candy, sweet, cake
Jayna Goldstein

If you couldn't get yourself some pancakes on Saturday morning, you can still make donations to the cause here. And, check out Crozet Pizza this Thursday, October 26, for a Pancakes for Parkinson's bar night. 

While P4P won't be flipping pancakes for us here in Charlottesville until 208, there is still so much to do to help out this great cause. So, with that, happy eating and even happier philanthropy.