With school and responsibilities on hold during the summer, it's the perfect time to watch the Oscar-worthy blockbusters that premiere weekly. But great entertainment requires equally perfect movie snacks. 

This summer's box office exploded with an exceptional variety of movies, from empowering feminist films like Ocean's 8, hilarious rom-coms featuring Crazy Rich Asians, and tantalizing thrillers including The First Purge.

With so many options it can be difficult to decide what movie to what and what to eat while you watch, but this guide will help you pair your fav summer movie with the perfect movie snack.

Incredibles 2: Popcorn

popcorn, corn, cereal, sweet, butter, kettle corn, milk
Kirby Barth

You love a classic movie that triggers nostalgia and good feels. It's only fitting that the most iconic movie snack ever would be the perfect match to this classic family superhero flick. Popcorn mix-ins are always welcome, and just for fun, you can toss in a mix of different candy so that, just like Jack-Jack's super powers, each handful of popcorn is a mix of surprises!

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: Slushie

You love to smile and have a good time, and don’t mind randomly breaking out in song. This means that you require something just as bright and sweet as this cheery, musical sequel. The slushie is the perfect match with its bright colors and sugary-sweetness that will have you humming along to the music.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: Nachos

vegetable, tomato, nachos, sauce, cheese, meat, chili
Phoebe Melnick

Just as Tom Cruise is devoted to making the most epic action movies of all time, you are devoted to seeing every single one of his Mission: Impossible films because you thrive off the danger and adrenaline that they all have. Action movies peppered with humor are the ideal combination for you because you enjoy being entertained and kept on the edge of your seat.

That type of spirit calls for nachos, the ultimate entertainment food that never gets boring thanks to the creativity of foodies like you. You can always go traditional with chips, meat, cheese, or you can live on the edge by ditching the traditional chip and going for something crazy like peppers or tater tots. It might sound crazy, but trust me, these nachos are legit.  

Ocean's 8: Pretzel

pretzel, salt, bread, doughnut, pastry, sweet
Abby Smith

With an all-female cast, Ocean's 8 is feminism in its truest form; most likely as a woman yourself, you love feeling empowered, sexy, and clever. The pretzel is the food reincarnation of you because just like the pretzel, you get to choose the type of woman you want to be: salty, sweet, or spicy. Because let's face it, women are not one-dimensional. You need options. 

The First Purge: Licorice

You love a violent thriller that keeps you on your toes the entire time, and you require the perfect movie snack that won’t fly everywhere when you jump out of your seat. Trust me, it happens to the best of us. Licorice fits the bill because the strands will stay stuck together in the package when it flies in the air.

Crazy Rich Asians: Pizza

pizza, cheese, sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, crust, mushrooms, onions
Lauren Kruchten

If you absolutely adore Crazy Rich Asians then you love fantasizing about how the other half lives, and you know that movies are the easiest way to submerge yourself into your fantasy. While movie theaters having been upping their game by providing more food options, eating pizza in the movie theater is still bougie AF, and so of course it is the only option.

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ice Cream

Action movies are your guilty pleasure, and when the actresses are sexy as hell and super funny, you can't go wrong. Films that keep you on your toes require good ‘ole reliable: ice cream. And let's be honest, you understand how difficult breakups can be, and the most earnest comforter is your tub of Ben & Jerry's. 

I dare you to try it out. You might end up with a new go-to movie snack. Although we are sad that summertime blockbusters are coming to an end, we hold on to hope that the Blu-ray DVDs will be out soon, and the perfect movie snack options open up when you watch at home. If you are the homebody that watches movies in the comfort of your bed (I feel ya), check out 15 Creative Popcorn Toppings for Your Next Movie Night