College lifestyle can get hard on the body. After a while, the consecutive nights of mixed drinks and late night Dominos orders followed by dining hall waffles the next morning take a toll on you. Step into Life Alive in Cambridge, MA and hit your body’s restart button.

With a crunchy vibe and a hippy decor, Life Alive is a hidden gem, offering fresh and organic, yet affordable food. Order at the counter and they bring your food to you. The two-story joint is flooded with college students and locals on a regular basis, set yourself up to work and enjoy some healthy food while you’re at it.

SIgn edit

Photo by Christina Chu

With names like “the alchemist,” “the healer,” “the goddess” and “the warrior,” the menu items have paragraph-long descriptions of salads and rice bowls piled high with veggies, nuts, grains, dried fruit and their signature sauces. Life Alive prides themselves on their ability to “make healthy eating possibly in a busy world, to empower people to take responsibility for their own health and to help people discover their own natural vitality!”

Front counter edit

Photo by Christina Chu

Below is “the adventurer,” a colorful mix of corn, beets, broccoli, kale, shredded cheddar, tofu or sprouted legumes and tamari almonds over quinoa and short grain brown rice with sesame ginger nama sauce, and the “love alive smoothie:” blueberry, strawberry, banana, dates, chia and almond milk.

Side view edit

Photo by Christina Chu

“WE ARE HERE to renew your energy & connection to life by soulfully serving you the most fantastic, vibrant, organic, therapeutic, whole food you could ever imagine in an inspiring environment that honors local artisans, the community, & our global ecology.”  -Life Alive

Every time I leave Life Alive, I feel like I have taken my body and soul for a restorative food spa day, I am revived and ready to tackle the next paper, followed inevitably by the next party.

average

Location: 765 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139
Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 8 am-10 pm, Sun 11 am-8 pm

For more yummy Boston eats, check these out: