Who says fast-food can't be healthy?

"Real Food, Cooked Slow, For Fast People" is what the organic fast-food restaurant 'Grown' is built on. Owner Shannon Allen came up with the idea after her husband, NBA basketball star Ray Allen, needed healthy and quick pre-game and post-game meals. 

Fast-food and organic...in the same sentence?? 

When we think of it, fast-food usually equals greasy, high-salt, high calorie meals. According to Shannon, it doesn't have to. Their version of fast food is organic. 

I recently had the opportunity to participate in a Zoom call with Shannon Allen through FIU's Hillel Club. 

Let me tell you, this woman is inspiring. Her passion, confidence and outlook towards life and learning are true qualities to marvel at and as an aspiring dietetics student, I fully support her movement to change the fast-food industry. 

This woman is the epitome of a boss babe. 

During the short time of the Zoom meeting her confidence, intelligence, passion, and grit were showcased, leaving us all in awe. 

She developed a business that goes against the food industry I grew up around. Not only that, but she built it in such a way that it incorporates all kinds of consumers. Vegan, Paleo, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, and it's all in an organic fast-food form.

However, this restaurant is about more than just organic food.

1. They buy from local farmers when possible and are doing their best to make their menu affordable for everyone. 

2. Their food is free from GMO's, preservatives, and added sugars.

3. They even offer vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options. 

And best of all?

You can get it handed to you through a drive-thru window.

If you've eaten there before, comment below what food you recommend.

They are open all day, serving breakfast options such as create-your-own omelets or gluten-free blueberry pancakes. You can build your own salad, wrap or sandwich with protein options such as salmon, falafel, turkey, brisket and more. For an entree you can build a plate of proteins, grains such as pasta salad or sweet mashed potatoes, a vegetable and a sauce. 

The possibilities for your tastebuds are endless. I know if I went there it would take me 30 minutes just to pick something to eat!  

AND they are still open during COVID, so if you are in the area, which I unfortunately am not, go check them out!

This restaurant serves a purpose beyond just bringing food to consumers and it shows. 

So, is organic fast-food going to be the new norm? After looking over the menu, I sure hope so.