Are you dying for sweetgreen but have no plans to leave your bed (except maybe for class) while recuperating from spring break? You don’t need to stop hibernating just yet! Spoon is excited to announce the NYC launch of OrderAhead, a new food ordering and delivery app that lets you order in from your favorite restaurants.

OrderAhead has made its way to the Big Apple after starting in San Francisco in 2011. The app then spread across California, into the Midwest and even to our Spoon friends in DC! Restaurants featured on the app include favorites from Umami Burger and Taïm Falafel and Smoothie Bar to Shake Shack and The Grey Dog.

OrderAhead

Courtesy of OrderAhead

How to get started:

1. Download the app, it’s available for iPhone, Android and on your computer.
  2. Browse around and choose the restaurant and meal you want to order.
  3. Choose your time slot: OrderAhead offers lunch between 11am and 3pm and dinner between 5pm and 10pm so you can request delivery right away or schedule it for later when you get out of class.
  4. Pick up or wait for delivery and enjoy!
OrderAhead

Courtesy of OrderAhead

OrderAhead not only gives us access to restaurants that don’t normally deliver (I’m looking at you, sweetgreen) but it also has a set $6 delivery price and, though they are set by the owners, prices are typically the same as you would find in the restaurants. So in the painful hours of finals week when you forget to eat (and wonder how that’s even possible) take comfort in knowing that you set your OrderAhead delivery for 9pm to the library.

OrderAhead is also offering a special deal for NYU students, use the promo code NYUEATS to get $3 off your first order!