The White House has officially become a no-fun zone with its strict policies against letting boxed mac n’ cheese into the building. Mrs. Obama made this decision after she told her daughter to try to turn a block of cheese into powder – which she could not, for she is not a dairy gypsy.

cheese dust

Photo by Caitlin Wolper

Michelle claims that they will only eat natural foods, such as homemade mac and cheese made with real milk and cheese. She says boxed mac n’ cheese does not qualify as food – to which, I’m sure, about 98% of college students would strongly disagree with.

But, the controversy behind her stance is that Mrs. Obama profited off this dreaded powdered cheese that she’s too good for now. Upon her husband’s election into the presidency, she was given a seat on the corporate board of directors for TreeHouse Foods Inc.

TreeHouse Foods Inc. is a food-processing company that actually paid Michelle to put her name and face on their branding and literature. She condoned powdered cheese, soup, hot chocolates and a shelf full of other things back then, but now she’s seemingly above it.

cheese dust

Photo by Caitlin Wolper

To ban simple, boxed foods (FOODS) is not so hard to do when you live in the nation’s most well-known home and have personal chefs to tell you which international side dishes you should import to go along with your Grade A meats. But for the rest of us simpletons, I think boxed mac n’ cheese can provide the nutritional value we need to get out of bed in the morning to pay those taxes.

So, in an effort to deny food elitism, continue to eat that boxed food. You’re gonna be just fine.

Viva la cheese dust.

Like this? Then check these out: