We've all experienced that feeling when we're craving our favorite meal from Chipotle, Five Guys, etc., but we're too lazy to get out of bed, or too busy to leave the library. Luckily, I have some excellent news for you. Recently, Facebook has stepped up to make ordering food online just a little bit easier for us. That's right, as of earlier last month, you can order food for delivery through the Facebook app or website (insert applause here). 

Here's How it Works...

Amelia Hitchens

Ordering food is now made simple and it is available right at your fingertips. If your favorite restaurant is participating in Facebook's new ordering system, you're in luck. You will be happy to find the "Start Order" button right next to the company's page. After you click "Start Order," Facebook will direct you to the company's website where you place the order.

Since Facebook has yet to develop its own delivery service, the company has partnered with Delivery.com, DoorDash, ChowNow, Zuppler, EatStreet, Slice and Olo.  

Why Should You Order Through Facebook?

Amelia Hitchens

You might be wondering, "Why don't I just go directly to the website I want to order food from?" Here's why. Facebook's algorithm allows it to track certain aspects of your life (likes, interests, etc.) after you accept the terms and conditions. The more time you spend on Facebook, the more Facebook is able to learn about you. 

That being said, Facebook already has a pretty good idea of what kinds of foods and restaurants interest you. For instance, if you "like" restaurant pages like Panera or TGI Fridays, Facebook assumes that you would want to order food from them. If you're feeling indecisive, it is easy to scroll through your "liked" restaurants and make your decision that way. 

Some Awesome Perks

Amelia Hitchens

What's really great about all this is the features that Facebook ALREADY has. Before you could even order food from Facebook, you could "like" restaurant pages, view photos, read reviews from other Facebook users, and collect information like phone numbers, addresses and restaurant hours. By grouping all of this information onto one easily accessible Facebook page, users are able to find what they are looking for MUCH easier than ever before. 

Are You Convinced Yet?

Facebook has been working on this feature for over a year now, so it has definitely been well thought out. After thorough testing and adding to its list of partners, Facebook has finally launched the idea to users all over the US.

Some have raised concerns that Facebook would be charging additional fees for this service, but Facebook claims that it will not be using this ordering service as a way to make profit. Sounds to me like they're just trying to change the game of delivery service to make our lives a whole lot easier. 

If you are as excited as I am about this, log into your Facebook account ASAP. Currently, the participating chain restaurants include Jimmy John'sChipotlePapa Johns, Wingstop, Jack in the Box, Five GuysTGI Fridays, Denny's and El Pollo Loco. However, many local restaurants and smaller chains are beginning to use the feature as well. Make sure to take advantage of this, and enjoy.