I don’t know about you, but I love snacking. If someone were to take away all my meals and replace them with snacks, I would be more than okay.

Nowadays, my snacks tend to be on the healthier side, but when I was growing up my snack choices were out of this world. I would eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted --- it was great.

Recently, I was strolling through Publix when I saw one of my favorite childhood snacks, Cosmic Brownies. If you are unfamiliar with this magical delicacy, then shame on you -- ha-ha. Cosmic Brownies are fudge chocolate brownies topped with a thick chocolate frosting and rainbow candy coated sprinkles. They are owned by the Little Debbie brand which makes an assortment of other packaged treats including Oatmeal Creme Pies and Swiss Cake Rolls.

This encounter with my favorite old snack brought back a lot of old memories from the earlier 2000s. I used to have a lot of favorite snacks that probably were horrible for me, but man they were delicious.

I have developed a list of all my favorite goodies so that I can make you nostalgic AF too.

1. Gripz

Gripz came out in mid-2005 and really changed my lunchbox game. If you don’t remember, Gripz were the small versions of Cheez-It baked snack crackers and Chips Deluxe chocolate chip cookies. They were very convenient and much more satisfying than your average cracker or cookie. I am pretty sure they are still sold today at big retailers, so if you haven’t tried them you definitely should.

2. Uncrustables

I know a lot of adults still eat these sandwiches, but why did they taste so much better as a 9-year-old? Uncrustables were the frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that had no crust. They came in other flavors too, like Nutella, but the original PB&J has always been the biggest hit. You can still find this snack in stores too -- I don’t think it’s going away anytime soon.

3. Yogos

These yogurt covered snacks were always a mystery to me. I always begged my mom to put them in my lunchbox, but I don’t even know if I truly liked them. I think I was intrigued by the name and liked saying it out loud to my friends. The snack itself was relatively simple; they were just yogurt covered balls of jelly in various colors. Yogos are not sold today, but we could start a petition to bring them back?

4. Gushers

Gushers are pretty self-explanatory. They are those fruit shaped snacks that would gush out juice when you chomped into one. Fruit snacks are not just for kids, so don’t let the disapproving looks from the grocery cashier deter you from indulging in your childhood craving.

5. Dunkaroo

Dunkaroo’s allowed us to dip a cinnamon flavored cracker into vanilla frosting with sprinkles. The two parts of the snacks complemented each other so well, it was like a match made in heaven. Something about dunking food into sauce is just so satisfying, am I right? Sadly, this snack discontinued, but if you’re feeling nostalgic you can grab some cookies and a tub of frosting and do your own DIP Dunkaroo. 

If you want to read more snacks from the past, you can click here.

Well there ya have it folks -- I don't know about you, but I feel like snacking.