Eating gluten free just got a whole lot easier in New York City. New York’s food scene is exciting—you can pretty much find any kind of cuisine, ranging from fusion foods, to home-style cooked foods. However, the seemingly endless choices can also be overwhelming, especially for those who are gluten free.

NoBread is a website dedicated to giving New York diners a convenient resource for ordering gluten free in the city. The website features over 300 restaurants and offers consumers a view of each restaurant’s gluten free menu options.

The site was conceptualized by Nicole Cogan, a former sales analyst at J.P Morgan where she frequently dealt with client entertaining through many restaurant outings. However, when Nicole learned about her gluten allergy, eating out became an increasingly exhausting experience since many restaurants’ menus contained gluten. She initially started a blog as a self-guide in outlining gluten free dishes and substitutions prior to going out to business dinners. However, Nicole quickly fell in love with the restaurant scene and her blog translated easily to social media such as Instagram and Facebook. Nicole resigned from her job to further concentrate and pursue her new passion for NoBread.

NOBREAD

Photo Courtesy of NoBread.com

Launched in September 2014, NoBread NYC has gained lots of traction and the site has expanded to feature gluten free options at restaurants in other major US cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and South Florida. One of the site’s new features is the menu filtering section. Every restaurant has their menu on the site, and by clicking “gluten free menu,” the menus are filtered to show what is gluten free, and items that aren’t but can be made gluten free, and so on.

Have a specific cuisine in mind? You can filter your search by type of cuisine, such as burgers, Greek seafood and tapas! Further more, you can view restaurants by their neighborhood and restaurant name.

If you’re one of those indecisive types (I’m guilty as charged),NoBread offers reviews of several of their posted restaurants, giving you insight on what items are worth ordering and what are worth skipping.

NOBREAD

Photo Courtesy of NoBread.com

NoBread isn’t only about restaurants. The Product Reviews feature lists several gluten free products that are sold in stores as well as cute bakeries or cafes. The detailed reviews suggest the best flavors while also keeping in mind calorie counts and nutritional information for those who are more health-conscience.

Whether you’re gluten free or not,NoBread makes dining out easy and convenient. No longer do you have to waste an eternity figuring out which restaurants offer gluten free next time you’re craving mac n’ cheese. Thanks to NoBread, gluten free eating is now easier and tastier than ever before.