The cookie dough gods have finally listened to our pleas and have sent us cookie dough that is not only SAFE to eat raw but equally scrumptious. Is that even possible? Yes, yes it is. Say forever goodbye to salmonella, we now have an alternative to cookie dough that is safe to eat raw and that comes in portable pouches.

So what’s all this fuss about? I’m talking about what the folks at San Clement Cookie Dough are doing. They have created a gluten free, vegan, dairy free, egg free (wut?), edible cookie dough that is safe to eat raw, but can also be cooked to make cookies. Basically, a dream come true.

Not only is this cookie dough safe to be eaten raw, but it can also be cooked to perfection when a craving for a soft, chewy, and crispy cookie hits. Perfection. Their cookie dough comes in neat little pouches that are convenient for on-the go snacking, because let’s face it, we have all gotten hit with a sudden chocolate chip cookie craving at some point or another.

These cookie dough pouches come in three different flavors, Peanut Butter Bodaciousness, Chocolate Brownie No Frownie, and Take a Trip to San Clemente Chocolate Chip. They had me at chocolate brownie.

So now let’s get to the tasting, aka my favorite part.

Peanut Butter Bodaciousness

edible cookie dough

Photo by Denisse Porras

Again with the clever naming, this company just cracks me up. This one was my favorite one by far. The nostalgic taste of peanut butter cookie dough paired with a true and authentic taste of peanuts combines into a tiny little pouch that is sure to satisfy any peanut lover’s craving.

Chocolate Brownie No Frownie

edible cookie dough

Photo by Denisse Porras

This cookie dough flavor is right up there with the peanut butter one. Think soft chewy brownie meets chocolate-y crispy cookie. A mouthwatering and healthy chocolate comma.

Take a Trip to San Clemente Chocolate Chip

edible cookie dough

Photo Courtesy of San Clemente Cookie Dough Company

Not only does this flavor have a spot on name, it is also one of the best chocolate chip cookie doughs I’ve ever tasted. This flavor is pretty much a mix between the Nestle Toll House cookie dough we all know and love, and a slightly healthier, more earthy cookie dough. The verdict is that this is absolutely exquisite as well as good for you from a health perspective.

Basically these raw cookie dough flavors are both scrumptious as well as healthy for you. So next time you see these flavors at your local supermarket, don’t hesitate to give them a try, they will surely not disappoint.

Feeling like you want more dough?