A lot of popular candy brands release special edition Halloween-themed candies for the month of October, so I have compiled a list of my favorites! After seeing all of these new versions of my go-to candies popping up on the shelves, I thought that any candy lover would be interested in reading about my recommendations. So, if you want to get into the ghostly spirit in the most fun way possible, take a look at my top five must-try Halloween-themed candies just in time for the 31st!

Reese's Pumpkins

To me, this cute and spirited pumpkin version of the classic Reese’s Cup is the first candy I think of when Halloween season rolls around. I find its fun shape so much better than the original as the pumpkin creates a perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter, making these sweets just addicting. They are truly a Halloween staple, and I would choose them over their October counterparts of bats and ghosts any day due to their larger and rounder size. 

Kit Kat Pumpkin Pie

Kit Kat never fails when it comes to their many specialty flavors, and this one is no different. For anyone craving classic fall tastes, but also their go-to chocolate bar, this Halloween candy is the way to go. The pumpkin pie flavored creme coating is so tasty and just perfect for Halloween. Not to mention the orange color screams Halloween spirit!

M&M Mad Scientist Mix

This brand-new item from the M&M brand is sure to fly off the shelves faster than any bag before. It contains M&M's Peanut Milk Chocolate Candy, M&M's Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Candy, and M&M's classic Milk Chocolate Candy, all coated in the fun and spooky colors of orange, green, and purple. This is a product that I could not recommend more for someone like me who has a tough time choosing what flavor M&M's to pick out at the store. It's the perfect mix!

Skittles Shriekers

If you couldn’t tell by now, I'm definitely a chocolate lover, so by nature, I couldn't help but gravitate toward the candies above. However, this new Skittles product also piqued my interest, and justifiably so with their tangy flavors of Shocking Lime, Spine-tingling Tangerine, Citrus Scream, Rattled Raspberry, and Ghoulish Green Apple. The most exciting aspect of this pack is that in each one there are a few mystery super sour candies, so you better beware when snacking.

Nerds Candy Corn

This final sweet treat is a fun spin on a Halloween candy classic. It contains a perfect blend of textures with its hard and crunchy shell and its gooey interior. Further excitement is found in the flavors of strawberry, grape, lemon, blue raspberry, fruit punch, orange, cherry, and watermelon that are partnered amongst themselves to create flavor contrasts between the inside and outside of the candy. 

Make sure to check out these sweet and scary treats when perusing the candy aisle or trick-or-treating this year! If these suggestions aren't speaking to you, be sure to check out this article to find some more!