At the outset of the semester, I made a goal to build more muscle. Due to the fact that I am not an athlete and only have basic knowledge regarding nutrition and muscle growth, I researched the most efficient, but healthy ways to strengthen muscles. Out of the websites I skimmed for information, I noticed one recurring word: protein. Protein is essential for the growth and development of muscle mass. When I went into the campus convenience store one night, I noticed a wrapper that emphasized 32 grams of protein. When I examined the bar, it said MET-Rx Super Cookie Crunch, so I purchased it and decided to give it a try.

I’ve had other protein bars and cookies in the past, so I was not really expecting anything beyond the bland taste I was accustomed to. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how sweet and delicious the bar had been. Although it was slightly chalky, it was not nearly as much so as the other products I had previously tried. Since I have a huge sweet tooth, I decided to replace most of my desserts with one of these bars. Additionally, I began consuming these after my workouts to aid in muscle recovery. I would not consider myself to be a bodybuilder by any means, but I’ve noticed a difference in my composition and the ability to lift more than I used to. I believe this to be partially due to my consumption of MET-Rx bars, along with other protein dense foods, and consistent strength training. I want to emphasize that I have been eating these bars as a part of my diet for approximately two months. Also, this change did not take place overnight or over the course of a week.

What Are The Flavors?

My favorite flavors of these protein bars are the Super Cookie Crunch I mentioned before as well as Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Additional flavors I have not tried yet include Crispy Apple Pie, Vanilla Caramel Churro, and Peanut Butter Pretzel. Another reason why I am fond of these bars is because the variety of flavors they come in allow for some flexibility in my diet. It often becomes monotonous to eat the same foods every day. In addition to the substantial quantity of protein these bars contain, large percentages of essential vitamins and nutrients. These include but are not limited to Vitamin A, Calcium, Vitamin B-12, and Zinc. I typically notice that my energy level increases shortly after I consume one of the bars.

I would highly recommend MET-Rx protein bars if you’re trying to build muscle or are looking for snacks that will leave you feeling full longer. The mornings which I have early classes, I try to remember to pack one of these protein bars so I am left feeling satisfied and not hungry during class. Although these bars are meal replacement bars, I enjoy them as post-workout snacks or desserts. How you incorporate them in your diet is up to you and your dietary needs. I hope after reading this article you understand my strong obsession with MET-Rx protein bars and will try them for yourself.