Mochi ice cream: the most popular of Japanese desserts here in the United States, and for good reason. If you have never had mochi ice cream, here is a quick rundown of what it's like. A ball of ice cream, ranging in flavor from something simple like vanilla to exotic red bean, is wrapped with a sweet, chewy dough made from rice flour to create an out of this world treat.

Luckily for us, we don't even need to travel to our favorite Japanese restaurant because My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream sells mochi ice cream in the freezer section of your local grocery store.

Photo Courtesy of My/Mo Mochi

Recently, however, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream took their products to a whole new level by creating a lineup of Triple Layer Mochi Ice Cream. Yes, you hear that right: Triple. Layer. So not only is the delicious mochi dough wrapped around ice cream, but that ice cream is stuffed with a sweet and flavorful filling. Listed below is my unofficial ranking of the four new flavors.

Huge thank you to My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream for sending me these products to try.

4. Dulce de Leche

Photo Courtesy of My/Mo Mochi

I am a huge fan of dulce de leche, so I knew that this one would be a winner in my book. The sweet mochi dough with the mild coffee flavored ice cream was amazing. In the center is my favorite part, the sweet and sticky dulce de leche that complements that coffee ice cream so well. I only wish that the coffee flavor was more prominent because it seems to get lost. Nevertheless, this is a delicious flavor that you should definitely try if you love dulce de leche.

Rating: 7/10

3. Chocolate Sundae

Photo Courtesy of My/Mo Mochi

The description of this flavor includes vanilla ice cream, chocolate mochi dough, and a cherry filled center. While I am usually not a fan of cherry flavored things, this was an amazing pairing of flavors. It was really like you were eating an entire ice cream sundae in one bite. Each flavor is able to shine, making this a stand out flavor.

Rating: 8/10

2. Vanilla Blueberry

Photo Courtesy of My/Mo Mochi

This was the flavor I was least excited about, but the one that surprised me the most. The fruity blueberry filling within the creamy vanilla ice cream was a perfect combo. Along with the sweet mochi dough, this flavor was a true home run. Even if you aren't a fan fruity things, this flavor is a must try. 

Rating: 9.5/10

1. S'mores

Photo Courtesy of My/Mo Mochi

Wow. Going in to this review I couldn't imagine how My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream could make mochi ice cream that tasted like s'mores, but somehow they pulled it off. The graham cracker ice cream was perfectly sweet and cinnamon-y, and paired perfectly with the chocolate mochi dough and marshmallow cream center. 

Rating: 10/10

Overall, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream's new line of products is something that all ice cream lovers should try. Each flavor is so unique and so delicious. Whether you have tried mochi ice cream or not, head over to your local grocery store to pick some up. No matter which flavor you try, you will not be disappointed.